Aruba Beach

Thread: 3rd trips the charm?

3rd trips the charm?

Hey all, Heading back to Aruba for the 3rd time in a couple weeks and can't wait. One question? How long a walk is it along the coast from Palm Beach to Eagle Beach? All sand?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

the walk might be approximately 3 miles +/-
    as far as all sand, i do not know. i think in the area near the westin, you might have to come off the beach for a very short time.but, i am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtimes View Post
    Hey all, Heading back to Aruba for the 3rd time in a couple weeks and can't wait. One question? How long a walk is it along the coast from Palm Beach to Eagle Beach? All sand?

Once you get past the Amsterdam Manor heading towards the Weston, there is a section of coastline that's all coral. It's difficult to negotiate. I'd recommend detouring towards the roadway for a bit then back to the beach.

Thanks for the nearly immediate and great responses (and this early in the morning too!!). Exactly what I needed to know.

okay, how about the Bugaloe pier? has the damaged dock been fixed? last time we were there (jan 2011) the end of the dock had a plywood railing baracading the damage.

11 days until wheels up!!!

Never did the walk; but, obviously, you got good answers.

Welcome to the "Forum."

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by beachtimes View Post
    okay, how about the Bugaloe pier? has the damaged dock been fixed? last time we were there (jan 2011) the end of the dock had a plywood railing baracading the damage.

11 days until wheels up!!!
    We were at Bugaloe in Feb 2012 and I don't recall seeing any damage so I am guessing it has been fixed.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We walked from Holiday Inn to downtown area. 3.5 hrs in blazing sun; but well worth it!!! There are a couple of small detours but enjoy!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

the walk might be approximately 3 miles +/-
    as far as all sand, i do not know. i think in the area near the westin, you might have to come off the beach for a very short time.but, i am not sure.
    The beach continues from the Westin quite a way past Divi Phoenix going south.

Aruba since 1979
    yes, thanks, but is there an area around where the westin or phoenix is that is difficult walking (coral/rocks) where one would have to detour off the beach for a short distance? the one time that we walked that route we did have to come off the beach and i remember it being somewhere around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The beach continues from the Westin quite a way past Divi Phoenix going south.