Aruba Beach

Thread: Another New Guy

Cool Another New Guy

Hi everyone!

Just joined the community and already found a wealth of information!

My wife and I are looking forward to a relaxing stay on the island during the first week of May this year. We've only been to the ABCs once on a cruise and I know we only scratched the surface. We just can't wait to come back!

Looking forward to learning more and sharing whenever we can.

Cheers,

Mike & Barb

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    we are pretty nice folks
    we as a group ask lots of questions and we sometimes are able to give approporate answers too.
    shop around the different categories.
    we are a good group.

where are you staying and what are your may dates?
    we'll be in aruba apr 23 - may 3
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by KeepDriving View Post
    Hi everyone!

Just joined the community and already found a wealth of information!

My wife and I are looking forward to a relaxing stay on the island during the first week of May this year. We've only been to the ABCs once on a cruise and I know we only scratched the surface. We just can't wait to come back!

Looking forward to learning more and sharing whenever we can.

Cheers,

Mike & Barb

Thanks Andrea!

Seems like a great place to spend some time.

We are leaving Baltimore on 4/30 and will be on the island until 5/7. We are staying at Paradera Park. We just got back from the southwest US where we stayed at a hotel with 5000+ rooms, so the small size of this property is just what we are looking for. Having a kitchen and not having to eat out for every meal will be nice too.

Mike

Experiencing Aruba on a land vacation is a whole 'nother world from a cruise ship stop. A cruise ship stop is nothing more than a big tease.

I have never heard of it put that way, but it is a perfect use of the vocabulary!

** Big Tease!**

Welcome to the family!!!!!! Enjoy your experience

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Experiencing Aruba on a land vacation is a whole 'nother world from a cruise ship stop. A cruise ship stop is nothing more than a big tease.
    Having cruised a LOT, I can tell you that you often get a very stilted impression of an island, based on where exactly the cruise ship docks. If the pier is at a great spot on the island, passengers report favorably on the whole island, and visa versa. For example, people who visit Boston on a cruise ship are inclined to say it's sort of an old, dirty city with nothing, because there is nothing in walking distance from the ship, at Black Falcon Pier in South Boston.

Obviously, the downtown of Aruba has plenty of dining and shopping to offer, but certainly doesn't give a clear picture as to the character of the island, or its beautiful beaches. But, the improvements and new restaurants around the new Ports of Call Mall certainly make a nicer first impression for cruise guests than a few years back.