Aruba Beach

Thread: Arriving soon

Arriving soon

Hi all,
    My wife and I are arriving in Aruba on February 4th for seven glorious nights to celebrate our belated 25th wedding anniversary. Our 25th actually occurred in September of 2010 but due to college costs for the kids along with work commitments we were unable to travel earlier. I had some health issues late last year which I believe was God's way of saying life is too short and don't put off important milestones. So here we come and we cannot wait. I first want to thank the moderators for a wonderful resource. I have been reading for a few months and booked our vacation at the beautiful RIU Palace. As per recommendations on this site I have been communicating with Bully who will be waiting for us when we arrive. As far as plans we basically have none once we arrive. We plan on applying plenty of sunscreen and are hoping for great weather to relax on the beautiful beaches as well as the hotel's beautiful pool. Other than this we are looking to possibly rent an SUV and drive around the island stopping often to take photos. I am also thinking of taking my wife for a romantic dinner at Passions. One question I did have though was does anyone have a ballpark cost of renewing our vows and having a few photos taken? We are very informal and I would love to to do it if it wasn't cost prohibitive. I was really amazed at the number of couples arriving in the past few months celebrating their anniversaries. I know we made a great choice of island. Thanks again for this invaluable resource.

Bob

Aruba since 1979
    hey bert109 welcome to the forum
    i copied your post and posted it also in the wedding category.

i think you may want to read the following thread
    Renewal of Vows

i hope folks reply and can give you a guesstimate on the pricing and that there may be a reasonable photographer.

please visit the wedding honeymoon category

Quote Originally Posted by bert109 View Post
    Hi all,
    My wife and I are arriving in Aruba on February 4th for seven glorious nights to celebrate our belated 25th wedding anniversary. Our 25th actually occurred in September of 2010 but due to college costs for the kids along with work commitments we were unable to travel earlier. I had some health issues late last year which I believe was God's way of saying life is too short and don't put off important milestones. So here we come and we cannot wait. I first want to thank the moderators for a wonderful resource. I have been reading for a few months and booked our vacation at the beautiful RIU Palace. As per recommendations on this site I have been communicating with Bully who will be waiting for us when we arrive. As far as plans we basically have none once we arrive. We plan on applying plenty of sunscreen and are hoping for great weather to relax on the beautiful beaches as well as the hotel's beautiful pool. Other than this we are looking to possibly rent an SUV and drive around the island stopping often to take photos. I am also thinking of taking my wife for a romantic dinner at Passions. One question I did have though was does anyone have a ballpark cost of renewing our vows and having a few photos taken? We are very informal and I would love to to do it if it wasn't cost prohibitive. I was really amazed at the number of couples arriving in the past few months celebrating their anniversaries. I know we made a great choice of island. Thanks again for this invaluable resource.

Bob

Congrats and have a great trip in Aruba!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. We are now a week away and cannot wait to arrive in Aruba for the first time. We have planned this vacation for a long time and can't believe that we are this close. Again thanks for this wonderful forum as it has been so helpful to newbies such as us.
    Thanks,
    Bob