Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba advice needed!

gkm

Aruba advice needed!

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been debating this for last few days. We want to visit Aruba over memorial day weekend but have been discouraged from weather report, according to which it feels like 100 degree+ most of the time during the day. Is it really that hot in aruba? Is it uncomfortable to be out in sun?

any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks and hope everyone is having fun!

Aruba since 1979
    it is hot and humid in aruba year round.
    that being said, there are very beautiful and comforting trade winds that usually make the heat and humidity quite bearable.

May weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 79 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 35 mph
    Average rainfall .55 inches (20.3 inches annual)

the warmth and good weather is one of many reasons why folks love aruba.

***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***
    read the above thread.
    many folks have much concern over the weather.
    it is usually a waste of time and effort worrying.

if you do not like warmth and sun, aruba would not be a good destination for you.

and........welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by gkm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been debating this for last few days. We want to visit Aruba over memorial day weekend but have been discouraged from weather report, according to which it feels like 100 degree+ most of the time during the day. Is it really that hot in aruba? Is it uncomfortable to be out in sun?

any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks and hope everyone is having fun!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-11-2011 at 11:44 PM.

I agree with Andrea, its always hot but there is always very beautiful and comforting trade winds to help with the heat. Just go in the water weathers it sthe beach or pool and that will help. I go to Aruba for the sun and beach so I always want it to be nice.

I don't know if you ever been to Cancun, MX but Aruba's air and heat is not the same at all. Its much more bearable and breathable in Aruba...

Hope this helps

Aruba since 1979
    another "example"
    we live in the tampa bay area in florida.
    summer has pretty much arrived here and we have been in the 90s on and off for weeks.
    we spend our days in the pool. (literally)
    we try to get our shopping and errands done very early in the morning so that we do not have to struggle with the heat of the day later.

in aruba, we still do live in the pool or ocean, but we are able to move around freely and come and go and do outdoor things with out a 2nd thought of the weather and or the heat. yup it is hot! but it is the wind that is the savior there!

the islands that do not have the trade winds...............uncomfortable.

so, where do we floridians go in august to escape the heat of florida???
    ARUBA.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    I agree with Andrea, its always hot but there is always very beautiful and comforting trade winds to help with the heat. Just go in the water weathers it sthe beach or pool and that will help. I go to Aruba for the sun and beach so I always want it to be nice.

I don't know if you ever been to Cancun, MX but Aruba's air and heat is not the same at all. Its much more bearable and breathable in Aruba...

Hope this helps

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I don't "do" heat and humidity well, but have never been uncomfortable for long in Aruba! Maybe it's less humid, but I think it's the wonderful trade winds that make the weather so perfect!

I don't do well with heat and humidity when I'm home (Boston area) but I'm happy as heck when I'm in Aruba. The trade winds are welcoming and if you are a beach person it's perfect for being in the water all day.

We love the sun and heat, although the older I get the less active I can be in it....but there is something about the heat and humity in Aruba that is extremely theraputic. Our aches and pains seem to miraculously disappear for the entire time we are in Aruba. We go every year in September, and during this time the trade winds are lighter because all of the hurricanes pull them away, but it is still very tolerable. We canot say enough great things about Aruba.

We're from Colorado - we have extremely low humidity year round (maybe 20% humidity any given time)...We definitely feel the heat and humidity when we're in Aruba, but the trade winds make it very bearable. We're used to intense sun (our altitude is about 7500 feet) so the sun there doesn't bother us, but it does get warm....which is the whole reason we are there (it snowed here yesterday)

I agree. We went to Puerto Escondido(Oaxaca), and the heat and humidity were unbearable. Aruba is hot, and at times a little humid-but those winds are quite cooling, and the ocean incredibly refreshing. We also noticed the sand was never hot on our feet. Can't wait to return.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post

Hope this helps

We just got back and are from Seattle where there is no humidity. When I stepped off the plane and my glasses fogged up I thought I was in trouble. It was in the upper 80's, low 90's the entire trip but I would have never guessed that because of the wind. It was perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast