Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba is AWESOME

Thumbs up Aruba is AWESOME

Hello everyone, my name is Ariel and about to get out of the US Marines. I went to Aruba with a friend in 2008, and I still cant get the Island off my mind. I've been doing alot of research about moving to Aruba and renting a place and staying a while. I'm from New Hampshire and New Jersey, but ive lived everywhere. I'm looking forward to talking with everyone!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com forum ariel!

thank you for your service in the US Marines Hooo Raaah!

we look forward to helping you get to one happy island.......to visit or to live!

check out this thread for info on residency and work permit
    FAQ's: Jobs/Moving/Living/Business in Aruba

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Ariel and about to get out of the US Marines. I went to Aruba with a friend in 2008, and I still cant get the Island off my mind. I've been doing alot of research about moving to Aruba and renting a place and staying a while. I'm from New Hampshire and New Jersey, but ive lived everywhere. I'm looking forward to talking with everyone!
    Please consider blogging your experience; from research to making a decision to your experience living in Aruba should you so chose. Regardless live your dream and thank you for your service to our country.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Thanks for the responses guys. Does anyone know if its easier to get residency if you plan to open a business?

I will defined dedicate a different thread to my experience in Aruba, including my journey to becoming a resident. I'm planning on making a trip in the new year, most likely for 20 or more days to begin gathering information. I even found a beautiful house for rent in the middle of the island. i love everything about the island, the food, the beach, not to mention its fairly inexpensive compared to living in urban america.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Ariel,

Welcome to the bb.

Yes, Aruba kind of just grabs you and keeps pulling you back. Just by way of background, my first trip to Aruba was in 1980, and although I've been to many other places, including several other islands in the Caribbean, we keep going back to Aruba.

Absolutely, do all the reseach you can before moving there, if that's what you really want to do. Get the "official stuff" from the Aruba government website for sure, but try to find other ex-pats who have moved there. They might give you some idea about what they went through. Every place, including Aruba, has a bureacracy to deal with. Maybe others here on the bb can tell you what to expect.

Renting a house and staying there for a bit will give you a real feel for the place.

Take care and have fun!!

Glenn

Thank you for your service to the USA, Glenn gave you some excellent advise

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    thank you we will see you here on the island
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Please add my "Thanks" for your service to our country.

Ed

my thanks also for your service to our country.....and welcome to the forum.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thank you everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast