Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aruba Bliss

Aruba Bliss

I have been back, from my first trip to Aruba, for almost 2 months and there isn't a night that goes by without me thinking of Aruba, let alone coming back to this forum just to still be connected with anything Aruba. I kept thinking the feelings of vacation bliss would pass over time, maybe a few weeks but this is ridiculous. I can't wait to go back in August. Yes, I booked another trip. Desperately seeking a way off the current island that I'm living on (NYC) for one that boasts year round great weather, is surrounded by happy people and provides the quality of life that I've been longing for. Wanted to say hello and also big thanks to the forum for providing a fantastic resource on all things Aruba for no0bs like me.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    aruba now has its grasp on YOU.

noobs.......hahahahaha :-)
    reading aruba trip reports from others let us live vicariously :-)

Quote Originally Posted by caromelle View Post
    I have been back, from my first trip to Aruba, for almost 2 months and there isn't a night that goes by without me thinking of Aruba, let alone coming back to this forum just to still be connected with anything Aruba. I kept thinking the feelings of vacation bliss would pass over time, maybe a few weeks but this is ridiculous. I can't wait to go back in August. Yes, I booked another trip. Desperately seeking a way off the current island that I'm living on (NYC) for one that boasts year round great weather, is surrounded by happy people and provides the quality of life that I've been longing for. Wanted to say hello and also big thanks to the forum for providing a fantastic resource on all things Aruba for no0bs like me.

I am all about letting others live vicariously through me!

where'd you stay and what did you do?

I stayed at the RIU with my bff. Just the two of us with a much needed and overdue vacation (almost 2 years without one) and it was great! Mingled with locals - a la "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" Had I known AI was unnecessary in Aruba, we would've opted for a nice villa rental somewhere near Malmok or Arashi beach. We were used to AI from going to DR, PR, etc...those places are just not friendly for walking around town but Aruba def is! We went on the Natural Pool Jeep tour, Baby Beach tour, parasailing, Moomba bar, shopping, Madame Janettes, Senior Frogs, etc.

But I'm going back in August this time for a solo trip because I dream of living there and this would be a way for me to really see if I could live there. Not staying at a hotel this time. Can't waaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeet.

Welcome Caromelle,

I know exactly how you feel about missing Aruba after you get home. I love Aruba so much as well and really wish I could move there once I hit the PA Powerball, LOL

I am headed back July 23rd for my third year in a row. If I did not have a dog I would go for two weeks but can't. If airline prices weren't so high I would also like to go twice a year but can't budget that in right now.

Welcome and enjoy.
    Melissa

have a very large, close italian family, but they would alway's roll their eye's when we talked about the people, weather, and just the island. well now they are in love with this wonderful island after they visited or honeymooned, and now they go down couple times per year.
    for me, were on the island every couple month's, and honestly we still count the day's on returning. aruba is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Caromelle You petty much expressed the feelings of the whole forum.

Keep posted.

Ed

nooooobeee caromelle

Caromelle,

Aruba has intimately and profoundly touched the lives of so many people. Some, years ago when it was possible, many just stayed here to live out their lives. Others have been transported here for work and then have scratched out a way and reason to stay or have been born here while their parents were here working on assignment (Mostly refinery). We all have somehow been redeposited on this floating piece of stone in the Caribbean. What I find interesting is that, with very little exception, most are grateful to be here. "Whoda thunk it!?"

When we moved to the USA I was in the fourth grade and I was very homesick for my island. I still have the report card where my teacher, Mrs Castor, wrote (I quote) "Dear Mr. and Mrs Croes, you need to talk to Charles and explain to him that being in America is a good thing in comparison with living on a small island like Arubas. My father responded "I will not do any such thing and we are from Aruba not Arubas" They became the best of friends and Dad talked fishing with Mr. Castor many times over. Mrs. Castor never said "Arubas" again. The fourth grade ended up being a joy since I learned about the Last of the Mohican's in school and Superman at 4:00 on Wednesday afternoons at home. America opened her wonders to me and with all of her grandeur. Strangely, the USA (A country I very much appreciate) was tiny when compared to this little island. That was in the eyes of a young boy.

As a citizen of this wondrous place I say thank you for your words and thoughts. Thank you for loving being here as much as we loved hosting you. Thank you for seeing the other side of the street and not just the "Glittter"

Thank you and

be well
    charles

Aruba is unique in so many ways. I am in the final phases of putting something together and had to do some research on what our island might have been like before man walked on her. Take a look at my interpretation. In The Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by caromelle View Post
    Last edited by charles; 05-29-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling errors

nooooobeee caromelle

Sorry duplicate
    Last edited by charles; 05-29-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast