Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba bound...

Aruba bound...

Hello all!

This is our first time in any community forum, so please bear with us as we learn the ropes. We've been frequenting the site for a couple of months and figured "Why not join the fun?"

We're getting married in early Septmeber and chasing the wedding with our honeymoon in Aruba. Neither of us have been, and words cannot describe the levels of excitement and anticipation we're carrying around!! We're doing as much research as possible, and many of the millions of questions we've had have been touched on in the forum. Thanks for your info, and thanks in advance for helping with the questions we'll probably have as the time gets closer.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum.
    do your research and please ASK for opinions.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Welcome and congratulations on the upcoming marriage! This forum is the best! A wealth of information and knowledge from those that are very familiar with Aruba.

You'll absolutely fall in love with Aruba... It really won't matter what you do in Aruba it will be wonderful.... Everyone on this site will help you in finding the right place to stay.. Where ever you decide it will be great!! I'm a fan of the Westin all inclusive others will give you their favorites... check them all out..

Candy,

You just made our day! We are doing the Westin all-inclusive. Oddly enough, we've never been to a beach together and this will be the first time either of us will leave the country. Since we've never done an all-inclusive travel plan we've had our "nervous" moments, but all the reviews I see on the Westin suggest they are on top of their game.

We will arrive at the Westin the first week of September. Has anyone been this time of year? (I'm almost certain you have...) I've seen a lot about making advance reservations at restaurants (both on and off site) and reserving palapas. Is this as necessary during the time we will be there? I'm under the impression it would benefit us to make some dinner reservations prior to leaving the states...

When we were there in March (Westin) we made reservations at the different restaurants at the resort in the afternoon we made reservations for the off site restaurants couple of days ahead have the front desk help you they are all so nice and helpful. Be sure to seek out Frank the head bellman he will take of you. Elvis, Karen, and Mira the bartenders are great. My husband was always up early so he stood in line to get a palapa but I don't think there was ever a problem getting one. I'm so excited for you.. We now own at the Marriott Surf Club but we always walk to the Westin a few times for drinks and to see everyone.

Excellent. Thanks for the names...we will definitntely look for them.

First

J & C,
    We are going for our first time to celebrate our 25th anniversary the third week. We share the same anxiety's. what to bring, where to reserve, etc. etc.congrats on your upcoming wedding and my toast to you I will share came from my father at my wedding, he said "May all your ups and downs be in bed".

cjrohrer21,

Thanks for the toast, I'll remember that. And congrats to you on your upcoming anniversary, that's a great milestone! I think we've made some headway since joining the forum, there's a lot of great information and opinions here...