Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba In February

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse

Aruba In February

My husband and I are heading down to Aruba for our third trip on February 20th we will be staying at the Holiday Inn until March 1st. I am so excited. I heard it is Carnival at that time. Has anyone else been there during this time of the year? We will be with our 15 year old son and 14 year old daughter. Any fun suggestions of what to do, where to go etc?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    arubaerin, things we have done in the past with our teens....driving lessons in the rented car out in the desert, water slide at senor frogs, movies, palm pleasure sunset and snorkel cruise, midushi sail, banana boat, parasailing...
    Hope this helps. Where are you staying? cindyo

Thanks for the ideas. We are staying at the Holiday Inn.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    My wife & I were there for Carnival 4 years ago, staying at the Renaissance. There were parties in the Streets on a few nights. Lots of music! The highlight was a night that had an parade down the main drag. It went on for hours, with marching bands & trucks pulling flatbeds with bands and FREE BEER. They were giving beer to anyone who would approach the very slow moving, or stopped trucks. It was great for us, because our room overlooked the parade route ( & the harbour ). There were heavy crowds on the streets and of course traffic was stopped. The next morning, in typical Aruba fashion, the streets were spotless.

Thanks so much! Sounds like Carnival will be fun! I am counting down the days!