Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba in January

Aruba in January

My husband and I will be in Aruba sometime in mid January on a trip sponsored by his work. We will be there 3 maybe 4 days and I thought it would be wise to educate myself on what there is to do and see. I will be perusing restaurant reviews but I am also looking for activities that we might both enjoy. Big problem is that I can't swim. Hope to learn lots!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum

no need to "swim" although it is a skill that would be awesome to have.

so, continue to browse the forum...especially the GENERAL section and the ACTIVITIES section as well.

if you are really interested in learning to swim contact your local chapter of red cross for the nearest place that offers adult swim classes.

andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by MinaAriel View Post
    My husband and I will be in Aruba sometime in mid January on a trip sponsored by his work. We will be there 3 maybe 4 days and I thought it would be wise to educate myself on what there is to do and see. I will be perusing restaurant reviews but I am also looking for activities that we might both enjoy. Big problem is that I can't swim. Hope to learn lots!
    IMOP...
    Restaurants: Madame Janettes, Old Man and the Sea, Passions....

Activities: Sunset sail on some boat (you don't have to swim to enjoy that), 1/2 day tour by depalm tours, other misc things include, the butterfly farm, aloe plant, Balashi beer plant...

BUT..you are only there a few days, spent the days at the pool, beach or happy hours...there frankly isn't a lot to see there that I would jam in if I were going for that little time...
    You will LOVE no matter what ! We've been 13 years....cindyo

Tons of places to eat (culinary), being a non-swimmer Baby Beach is a must, break water no waves ankle to chest deep, at your pace or stop at the waist, sprinkle bread or bagels or at the resort they have tubed fish food(you will see fish) Afterwards stop at Charlies Bar (est. 1941 in San Nicholas)

Thanks for the info. I had heard Baby Beach mentioned here and there so I was hoping it would be able to accomodate me. When we went to the Bahamas, we took a lunch cruise that docked and let us do snorkeling. I had a giant tube tied around my waist but thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hoping to find something similar in Aruba.

Hubby loves the beach so I know we are going to spend a lot of time there. The sunset sail sounds great.

Food is a big thing. I'd really like to enjoy what Aruba has to offer that I might not get anywhere else.

There are so many nice beaches in the resort area, really no need to be a swimmer, waves are mostly a couple of feet, nothing that's going to pull you out to sea. Of course the other side of the island you will see nobody wants to be in that water. And for a day sail I highly recommend the Tranquilo & Capt. Anthony