Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aruba in July

My wife and I just returned from our first trip , I had no mosquito issues but the wife did have a few , kept the off handy , thank you forum for all the tips , we are already planning next years trip , happy place indeed ...

Early july is one of my regular months, no issues,,

I think mosquito protection really depends upon the person. If you are susceptible to mosquitos at home than I suggest using some type of bug spray/lotion in the morning and at dusk/night. If you are like my wife... she could go into a room with 5000 mosquitos and come out without a bite... you'll be fine. Mosquitos love me so I always travel with protection and use it normally just at dusk/night and rarely have an issue.

The only time I ever remember it being bad was about 4 to 5 years ago when the island was having a ton of rain. We arrived in October and went to Old Man and the Sea. I applied bug spray on my arms and legs but they were so bad that they were biting me through my shirt. I actually had 5 or 6 bites on my back from that night. That was a crazy year because of the amount of rainfall that Aruba received that year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12