Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Newbie

Aruba Newbie

Greetings!

After much debate and research, Aruba has been selected as our Caribbean destination! This website has been so informative! I'm open to tips and suggestions that anyone may wish to offer...I still can't believe I'm actually going to an island!

Six of us, including myself, will be leaving on Aug 6th for a 5 night stay at the Manchebo. Two of us are leaving from Arizona and the remaining four are leaving from Pennsylvania. We have talked about a Caribbean vacation for about 2 years and the time has finally arrived!

Welcome to the forum. You will find aruba.com and this forum very helpful for information.

Welcome, we too leave from AZ., we find it much more comfy to fly into Houston the day before, spend the night, and then catch the first flight to AUA. Enjoy your first trip, you will have a blast! Ask ?'s, you will get answers!

Welcome Roxy to the forum, we know you will enjoy our island, and any thing you need to know you will find it on this forum.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to aruba.com's community forum

you will enjoy aruba.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Welcome!! I just returned from our 2nd 2-week trip. You will have so much fun, especially going in a group!
    Ask anything - the group here is very informative and helpful.

Welcome.Going in August eh??I was there in August.I like the heat and to say it's hot is an understatement.Bring tons of sunblock and use it from the moment you hit the beach or pool.Trust me I learned the hard way quite a few years back.I also only use sunblock with a high SPF rating.(50 or 60) and still come back with a very dark tan.Enjoy your trip.

Aruba since 1979
    august, week 33 to be exact was our original timeshare week.
    yup august is hot, as are the rest of the months
    do as tangy does and use that sunblock......but as far as getting a tan if one wears high spf sunblock is questionable. if one is wearing the correct amount of high spf sunblock and applying it appropriately they will get NOTHING..no tan, no burn, nada. at least that is what the dermatologist keeps saying.

paul and i start the sunning process in aruba with #30, after a few days, drop to a 15 and then keep it at an 8. (my nose and ears are always a 30)

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    Welcome.Going in August eh??I was there in August.I like the heat and to say it's hot is an understatement.Bring tons of sunblock and use it from the moment you hit the beach or pool.Trust me I learned the hard way quite a few years back.I also only use sunblock with a high SPF rating.(50 or 60) and still come back with a very dark tan.Enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    august, week 33 to be exact was our original timeshare week.
    yup august is hot, as are the rest of the months
    do as tangy does and use that sunblock......but as far as getting a tan if one wears high spf sunblock is questionable. if one is wearing the correct amount of high spf sunblock and applying it appropriately they will get NOTHING..no tan, no burn, nada. at least that is what the dermatologist keeps saying.

paul and i start the sunning process in aruba with #30, after a few days, drop to a 15 and then keep it at an 8. (my nose and ears are always a 30)

Andrea,I must disagree with the dermatologist.I use sunblock constantly each and every day.I apply more frequently then recommended too.Yes I do come home with a very dark tan.Sunblock will block the harmful aspects of sunbathing and will still allow you to tan.

P.S. another tip.....Get a sunblocker chapstick for your lips as well.I also rub the sunblock into my scalp several times a day too.
    Last edited by tangy003; 04-01-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Hi Roxy,
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast