Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aruba Newbie!!

Aruba Newbie!!

Hello all!! My husband and I leave for Aruba 1 month from today. We are staying at the Riu and we are so excited! This site is full of really useful info, I am loving it!
    I appreciate any tips you can give me about travelling there, what to bring, what to see etc.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

read lots here especially packing tips and activities sections.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f35/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-29-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Hi Mandy! Welcome! My first time was this past June, anything else you need let me know!

Hey Mandi,

Sunscreen,bathing suit and money.Those are the basics with tons of emphasis on the sunscreen.

Welcome to the forum. Get ready to kick back and relax in paradise.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

pack light...

My wife and I are getting ready for our 11th trip. One thing we have learned is pack light...beach gear..shorts and a dress up for those special nights (suggest the Lighthouse...Marriott's Simply Fish at night...and the water show at the Mall behind the Holiday Inn). Are you going for Carnival? If yes, don't miss the parade...

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Pack about half of the clothes you are planning on and double up on sunscreen. Snorkel a lot. Boca Catalina is a great beach for that. Take a snorkel cruise with Roberto's Watersports and / or go with Aruba Bob as well (links below). The fish are amazing. Visit the flea market on the way to Orangestaad on Saturday. Eat on the beach at least a few nights, and make a reservation for about 6:30, so you'll see the sunset. Visit the caves on the north east side of the island. Enjoy happy hours at a few establishments. Take a Nook or Kindle for the pool lounge. If you feel adventurous, rent an ATV and visit the Natural Pool.

And, have a great time escaping the cold. I'm especially jealous since it's 9 degrees outside right now!

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

http://www.robertoswatersports.com/

http://arubabobsnorkeling.com/

thanks for all the useful tips!! We are getting more and more excited with each passing day!! Especially since we had a dumping of snow in the last week.

what to bring and do

I was just in Aruba, December 2011 and had a great time! Bring bug spray as the mosquitoes were annoying to say the least. The Jeep tour with DePalm rocks! Not for the faint of heart! Aruba Aribe!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum mishy........although you joined a few months ago, i see today was your first post.

bug spray.........in december the mossies were plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by mishysmiles View Post
    I was just in Aruba, December 2011 and had a great time! Bring bug spray as the mosquitoes were annoying to say the least. The Jeep tour with DePalm rocks! Not for the faint of heart! Aruba Aribe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast