Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba; One Happy Island

Smile Aruba; One Happy Island

Hello!
    My name is Amanda and I am a senior in high school. I am a citizen of Aruba, and this May will mark my 18th visit. My family and I have been visiting Aruba for over twenty years, as we have a time share at the Aruba Beach Club. We have many more family and friends that have joined us, along with my friends who I have met over the years. The connections you make in Aruba last a life time, and the people are just so pleasant. There is so much to do in Aruba whether you are 21 or 2. From night clubs and bars, to Baby Beach and activities centers, Aruba has it all! Every year as I step off the plane, I get the same feeling of happiness and joy, which than leads me to crying! I feel like every year as I get older, the more I appreciate traveling here. My love for the island grows more and more each visit. It's such a great experience, and being able to look back on all the memories I have in Aruba is a wonderful thing. From age 9 singing at happy hour with a microphone, to age 11 being photographed and put in a magazine for a restaurant called "Avalonnes" with my best friend Michael who lives on the island. The weather is always beautiful, just the right amount of "hot" with the perfect breeze The way the softness of the sand hits my toes that very instant, I know I am wear I belong. I can honestly say Aruba is my home away from home.
    Message me if you have any questions!
    xoxo

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

tell us, how is it you can be an aruban citizen and live in the states? were you born on aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by amndlomauro View Post
    Hello!
    My name is Amanda and I am a senior in high school. I am a citizen of Aruba, and this May will mark my 18th visit. My family and I have been visiting Aruba for over twenty years, as we have a time share at the Aruba Beach Club. We have many more family and friends that have joined us, along with my friends who I have met over the years. The connections you make in Aruba last a life time, and the people are just so pleasant. There is so much to do in Aruba whether you are 21 or 2. From night clubs and bars, to Baby Beach and activities centers, Aruba has it all! Every year as I step off the plane, I get the same feeling of happiness and joy, which than leads me to crying! I feel like every year as I get older, the more I appreciate traveling here. My love for the island grows more and more each visit. It's such a great experience, and being able to look back on all the memories I have in Aruba is a wonderful thing. From age 9 singing at happy hour with a microphone, to age 11 being photographed and put in a magazine for a restaurant called "Avalonnes" with my best friend Michael who lives on the island. The weather is always beautiful, just the right amount of "hot" with the perfect breeze The way the softness of the sand hits my toes that very instant, I know I am wear I belong. I can honestly say Aruba is my home away from home.
    Message me if you have any questions!
    xoxo

Once you have a consecutive 10 years of visiting Aruba you receive citizenship . I have a plaque and certificate hanging on my wall!!
    For others wondering

Ask your resort to contact the Aruba Tourism Authority

Goodwill Ambassadors/Distinguish guests

Aruba since 1979
    hahaha boy do i wish citizenship, but no such luck.

the certificates are in "papiamento" and are quite nice.
    ours is framed.

Once you have a consecutive 10 years of visiting Aruba you receive citizenship . I have a plaque and certificate hanging on my wall!!

Really? Huh, that's rather odd. I mean...right?

Aruba since 1979
    it is an "honorary thing" not actual citizenship.
    see prior post re: goodwill and distinguished ambassador certificates from the ATA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris10 View Post
    Really? Huh, that's rather odd. I mean...right?