Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Pamarthur

Thread: booked at Riu Palace Antilles. Should we change due to bad reviews?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2

    booked at Riu Palace Antilles. Should we change due to bad reviews?

    We leave for Aruba in 2 weeks. Never been before. Was very excited, but now the reviews on Tripadvisor are scaring me. Since we fly out of Toronto, Ontario we can change to either Holiday Inn or the Renaissance. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Frankly.... I would think that the 'start up bugs' are working their way out since the hotel just opened. You have a great stretch of beach and great property. I think you'd be OK. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,920
    absolutely agree with CP and also too, welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamarthur View Post
    We leave for Aruba in 2 weeks. Never been before. Was very excited, but now the reviews on Tripadvisor are scaring me. Since we fly out of Toronto, Ontario we can change to either Holiday Inn or the Renaissance. Any suggestions?

  4. #4
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamarthur View Post
    We leave for Aruba in 2 weeks. Never been before. Was very excited, but now the reviews on Tripadvisor are scaring me. Since we fly out of Toronto, Ontario we can change to either Holiday Inn or the Renaissance. Any suggestions?
    I would say the most recent three-star review on Tripadviser.ca seems pretty reasonable. I'd weigh how important the room is for you and go from there. Be ready to speak to the manager if there are problems with the room.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    The reviews also mention troubles with the elevators. There have been problems with those elevators going back to when it was Wyndham.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,856
    Give it a chance, understanding it just opened, and be sure to come back and let us know what you thought of the place Enjoy your time on that beautiful island!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Also keep in mind that an organization as big as Riu will throw a ton of resources at this resort to iron out the opening bugs..... especially with the coverage that social media is giving this resort.

  8. #8
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    You sure your in the old Wyndham section? That's the only renovated area. The rest is the original RIU and not having any problems. If your going AI, stick with the RIU. The food at the other 2 is nothing to write home about. The beaches there are nice and clear. Getting murky on the north end of Palm beach by HI and Marriott.

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,920
    i am guessing that the OP did book the Riu Palace Antilles due to the title of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    You sure your in the old Wyndham section? That's the only renovated area. The rest is the original RIU and not having any problems. If your going AI, stick with the RIU. The food at the other 2 is nothing to write home about. The beaches there are nice and clear. Getting murky on the north end of Palm beach by HI and Marriott.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am guessing that the OP did book the Riu Palace Antilles due to the title of this thread.
    thank you everyone for your opinion. One way or another we are coming to your beautiful island. See you on the 10th of November.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO