Aruba Beach

Thread: Calling all Celiacs if any in Aruba?

Unhappy Calling all Celiacs if any in Aruba?

Hi Everyone!

My Dear friend (Paula)in work has always raved about Aruba! I am a totally beach person and want to bring my young family along ( kids 7 and 4). My youngest daughter is a super sensitive celiac (no wheat)! Therefore, eating out is not an option! Therefore, I am thinking of staying at the costa linda ( where there is kitchens available in the room). My question, does anyone know if the grocery story offers gluten free options and if so how far is it from the costa Linda? Any insight would be great! As the majority of all you know, having a sick child on vacation is no vacation at all-Coll

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i think that you may have some restaurant options that will suit your daughter's dietary needs!!!
    there are a few very good grocery stores all within a mile of costa linda...LINGS and SUPER FOOD.

here are some tagged threads re: Gluten Free
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=616770

hopefully they will provide some information that you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Hi Everyone!

My Dear friend (Paula)in work has always raved about Aruba! I am a totally beach person and want to bring my young family along ( kids 7 and 4). My youngest daughter is a super sensitive celiac (no wheat)! Therefore, eating out is not an option! Therefore, I am thinking of staying at the costa linda ( where there is kitchens available in the room). My question, does anyone know if the grocery story offers gluten free options and if so how far is it from the costa Linda? Any insight would be great! As the majority of all you know, having a sick child on vacation is no vacation at all-Coll

Thank you so much...... I am going to check it out!

Hi Coll,

Welcome to the forum! I suggest contacting the stores directly and asking so you have specific information before you leave. Or bringing some essentials with you from home.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Good idea. Thank you Jacki

I have been going to Aruba since I was 2 and the past 5 years I have gone living with Celiac Disease. My family and I always eat out and I have never had a problem. Just tell the waiter/waitress ..a lot of places are familiar with gluten free dining. Enjoy!

Banned
    That's right arubaelf. Talking to the waiter or waitress is the best idea. You can also make special order for meal with special preparation. Explaining your situation always help.