Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant Decide

Cant Decide

HI,
    JUST NEED SOME ADVISE, AM UNDECIDED ABOUT OCT OR NOV AND ALSO ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE MARRIOT STELLIARS RESORT

We go every year in late October early November,weather is always great very few showers.We stay at the Surf Club which is right next door to the Marriott,it has just been remolded and you will have a great time there.

Sounds corny but every month is great. That is one thing about the Island the weather really does not change. But as you continually get closer to high season, it does a slightly busier! Just a little!
    Last edited by tds-ken; 04-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.

thanks Danny-O, any feelings about the Radisson ?

I have never stayed at the Radisson but from what other people say it is also very nice.They also did a major renovation a couple of years ago.Just one thing to remember you are not going to Aruba to stay in your hotel room,it really doesn't matter where you stay ,your in Aruba.....ENJOY......
    Last edited by DANNYO; 04-28-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Danny O , You are so right, this is my first trip to Aruba and I so look forward to it, hope you don't mind, but will probably be asking for some dining and other advice. We are kind of Steak and Italian food kind of eaters, any advice now

I am a steak guy, in order of preference for steak houses in Aruba:
    1. The Sunset Grill at the Radisson
    2. L.G. Smith's Steak and Chop House At the Rennaissance
    3. Ruth's Chris Steak House at the Marriott (I have not tried the one on the island, but this is my second fav steak chain).

If you asked my wife about Italian, this is our long story:
    Rarely does anyone talk about this place, but my wife and I had an excellent experience last May and the food was fantastic.
    We had made reservations at the Steak house at the Westin for dinner and the show on a Wednesday. The steak house, Pago Pago was closed, even though they excepted our reservation?
    Cafe Baci next door offered to make amends and take care of us. I am a steak and Potato guy and was Leary, but they convinced us to eat their for the same show and dinner deal as Pago Pago. (in the end this was much less expensive!)
    Just for me they went into Pago Pago's steak locker and brought out several choice cuts for me to pick from. I am Fillet Mignon guy and I the steak rivaled that from Sunset Grills and the best I have had in the world. The pasta was excellent as well.
    My wife had an excellent Italian dish and the care and service were over the top. The manager was all over us the whole time making sure all was well while not being obnoxious.
    We will make sure the Pago Pago is closed this May when we go back, just to eat at Cafe Baci again. But this does also show that Pago Pago has great meat.

I can tell you, we did not have a good dining experience at Hostaria Da Vittorio.

Have Fun, Pete

Both resorts are extremely nice.....you can't go wrong with either one!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful time on the island.

This will be our 3rd year in a row going the first full week in November - knock on wood we've only had about 5 minutes of rain our first trip out there. It isn't crowded at all but I will have to agree that any time of the year is a great time to go

We go down the second week in Oct. And have always had good weather. Have a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast