Aruba Beach

Thread: Christmas 2010 - 1st time to Aruba

Christmas 2010 - 1st time to Aruba

WOW - 44 days and counting. This will be our first visit to Aruba, and we are bringing the kids (20 and 18 yrs) and they are each bringing a friend so we will all have a great vacation!!! We arrive on Christmas Day at 2:30 in the afternoon, have a car booked and christmas Dinner on the Beach at Flying Fishbone (staying at Divi Beach and Golf) I have been told Christmas and the 26th are "holidays" so many stores not open - any suggestions regarding a few groceries, wine/beer etc - you know, the essentials. Do many of the large resorts have mini-marts in them that may be open? Also have a half day sailing/snorkeling booked, deep sea fishing for the boys/shopping for the girls and our vehicle is an SUV so we plan to tour - any reccomendations are appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum!!

if you are bringing "checked luggage" you can put a few food items in there to bring....yes stores will be closed. some mini marts might be opened.

click this link for info on bringing food items Anyone Bring Food in their suitcases?

also too
    here is a great thread for you to read of some FUN activities and things not to miss.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/if-the...e-thing-33091/
    click link

Quote Originally Posted by loriv View Post
    WOW - 44 days and counting. This will be our first visit to Aruba, and we are bringing the kids (20 and 18 yrs) and they are each bringing a friend so we will all have a great vacation!!! We arrive on Christmas Day at 2:30 in the afternoon, have a car booked and christmas Dinner on the Beach at Flying Fishbone (staying at Divi Beach and Golf) I have been told Christmas and the 26th are "holidays" so many stores not open - any suggestions regarding a few groceries, wine/beer etc - you know, the essentials. Do many of the large resorts have mini-marts in them that may be open? Also have a half day sailing/snorkeling booked, deep sea fishing for the boys/shopping for the girls and our vehicle is an SUV so we plan to tour - any reccomendations are appreciated.

Christmas Day

Thanks Andrea - I guess I am packing food for a couple days . . . thanks for the link, helped me out a lot