Aruba Beach

Thread: Coming for my honeymoon......5/27/12-6/03/12

Junior Member walkerrelifordhoneymoon's Avatar

Coming for my honeymoon......5/27/12-6/03/12

Hello to all, I stumbled across this forum looking for some info on my trip to Aruba and this is great! My soon to be wife and I will be coming for our honeymoon on May 27th and with just 2 weeks to go I would love to find out all I can before we arrive. We will be staying at the Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club so if anyone has any info on how the rooms are or any good places to eat nearby or shop or places for nightlife I would love to hear it. This is our first trip to Aruba and it sounds like a great place to visit, so any tips or hints that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

I am using my iPad so do not have the capabilities to post a bunch of links but I encourage you to visit the culinary section for lots of restaurant chatter and suggestions, the activities section for some activities and nightlife for after dark out on the town activities.

The units at the surf club are gorgeous.
    There are 1,2 and studio units. The beach there is very busy and crowded.

I encourage you to read much here and ask lots too.
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerrelifordhoneymoon View Post
    Hello to all, I stumbled across this forum looking for some info on my trip to Aruba and this is great! My soon to be wife and I will be coming for our honeymoon on May 27th and with just 2 weeks to go I would love to find out all I can before we arrive. We will be staying at the Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club so if anyone has any info on how the rooms are or any good places to eat nearby or shop or places for nightlife I would love to hear it. This is our first trip to Aruba and it sounds like a great place to visit, so any tips or hints that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Arrow

Welcome to the forum

Some info about the Surf Club

Lots of info here...as you probably already know, the Surf club is on Palm beach

Palm Beach Nightlife

Palm Beach Restaurants

Romantic Restaurants

If you had to pick three...

Smile

Congrats!! You will LOVE the Surf Club!! Do you know what size room you have? A 1 bedroom is very big and nice. The studio is small but still nice. I will be there for my 27th trip same time as you. Maybe I will see you. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding and upcoming honeymoon. We've stayed at the Surf Club twice and the Ocean Club (next door) twice and love them both. The rooms are very spacious, clean and well-appointed, the staff is great and the location is terrific.

Lisa gave you a bunch of great links to explore. When we arrive, since we're usually tired from the flight and not up for much exploring the first night, we make a reservation at Simply Fish restaurant on the beach (a Marriott restaurant) in front of the Marriott Ocean Club for 6:30 or so. The food is wonderful and you will enjoy a beautiful sunset and romantic dinner.

Have a great time!

Junior Member walkerrelifordhoneymoon's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone for the links and greetings! We are SO looking forward to this trip especially after planning this wedding, LOL. We are going to try to do as much as we can in our week.

Congratulations! My wife and I absolutely love the Surf Club and the Ocean Club next door. We've stayed at both and each has their pros/cons, but we enjoy staying at either one. There are so many great places to eat and the people are very friendly, warm and welcoming! Looks like we're just going to miss being there at the same time as you, as we arrive at the Surf Club on June 9th.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Arrow

We are going to try to do as much as we can in our week.
    Finding the right mix

I join the list of completely satisfied customers of the Surf Club and Ocean Club. I have stayed at both over the years and you will absolutely love it and how helpful and friendly the staff will be towards you.

Have a wonderful honeymoon and best wishes for both this trip and the many others that you will take over the years.

Ed