Aruba Beach

Thread: Coming this week!

Coming this week!

Greetings all,

Me (single female, 45) and my DS (15) are arriving in Aruba on Saturday for a week of relaxation. We are staying at the Surf Club. I have read some of the postings on here about the Surf Club and while it may not sound ideal - it is FREE! I saved enough points on my rewards to get a free week in Aruba. Had no idea I had saved that many points.

So... we are looking to snorkel, want to do a snorkel sail (Tranquillo or Red Sail?), rent a Jeep and explore... and just relax..

My parents were recently there for a day and loved Iguana Joes - looking for single mom/teenage son friendly places to eat.

And of course i love to shop - where is the good shopping!

Thanks... see you soon!

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by mygoldpaws View Post
    So... we are looking to snorkel, want to do a snorkel sail (Tranquillo or Red Sail?), rent a Jeep and explore... and just relax.. Kathy
    Welcome to the forum.

The snorkeling on Tranquilo's south coast lunch tour is excellent, but it is a long day and your son, depending upon his nature, may become bored on the sail back to Palm Beach. If not, I highly recommend it!

I would definitely check into the Jolly Pirates for something a bit more lively
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jolly%20pirates.html
    http://www.jolly-pirates.com/

Your son also, again depending on his interests may be interested in a jeep tour
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jeep%20tour.html

We stay at the Surf Club and I have a son the same age. Go to the hut right in front of the Surf Club that has the flags (Aruba, US and Canadian). They have watersports and information on everything. Speak with Jerry and tell him that Randi from Canada "sent you". He help you out, he is a great guy!!

Surf Club is a great place for what you are looking for. You are within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops. Casa Tua is a favourite for great pizza and pasta and very reasonable.

Go into town and walk around. We love to go to Giordano's. It is the Carribean version of Old Navy. Great shirts, shorts, t-shirts very inexpensive. We stock up on t-shirts in every concievable colour and they wash FANTASTICLLY. There are a few of them downtown. The one we go to is right behind the Royal Plaza (pink building). You walk right through the building to the other side and the store is right across the street. T-shirts $8, golf shirts $15. They have mens and ladies.

You will have a great time.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Go into town and walk around. We love to go to Giordano's. It is the Carribean version of Old Navy. Great shirts, shorts, t-shirts very inexpensive. We stock up on t-shirts in every concievable colour and they wash FANTASTICLLY. There are a few of them downtown. The one we go to is right behind the Royal Plaza (pink building). You walk right through the building to the other side and the store is right across the street. T-shirts $8, golf shirts $15. They have mens and ladies.

You will have a great time.
    Hey Randi, never been, will have to check it out...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Hey Randi, never been, will have to check it out...thanks
    Your kidding??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Your kidding??
    nope...me