Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convince me!

Convince me!

Hi to everyone. I'm new to this forum and need advice. My husband and i have been considering a visit to Aruba for some time but it's quite pricey travelling from the UK. As our children are now grown up, it will probably be just the two of us next year, so therefore more affordable. Trouble is I'm besotted with Mexico and will need a lot of convincing to make the change. We keep looking at the Tamarijn .....................so convince me - should it be Aruba in 2009?

I have to say that out of anyone I have ever met who has been to both Mexico and Aruba, Aruba wins by a long shot. The only thing Mexico having an edge in being nightlife and that is very subjective. I think it has a lot to do with one's age.

As to the Tamarijn, our family has stayed there twice. Once last Christmas and New Years and again this past June. We have since booked another holiday for June of 2009. I suppose you could say we like it there...A LOT!

There is a lot of information at:

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn+review.html

Quick Overview of Tamarijn 12/22 - 1/3
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Overview
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Getting There
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Food, Beverage & Service
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 The Rooms
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 The Activities
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 The Rest of Our Vacation

My Tamarijn Photos

Tamarijn Aruba June 12 - 24 (Long)

Right now after the storms of the past fall the beach at the Tamarijn is a bit rocky. Mother Nature takes care of the sand on the beach as she stays fit. If you think it will be a deal breaker for you, options are a higher numbered building request at the Tamarijn or simply paying a bit more $$$ and staying at sister Divi Resort. No matter whether you stay at the Tamarijn or Divi, you will have use of facilities and amenities at both resorts.

Hi Ellesmere, You could not get better information sites than Arubalisa. I definitely agree with Arubalisa, Mexico maybe be fun depending on your age, but as far as Aruba, these are the reasons I like it.
    1.Clean island
    2.Friendly people, not pushy people
    3.Nice property, from smaller to bigger, all inclusive to FIT
    4.Feels like Europe, with flavor of South America, Central America
    5.Beautiful beaches, with the exception of storms that occur occasionally like this year.
    6.Weather is warm all year at about 82F
    7.No language problem, Arubian all speak at least 4 languages (English) main language
    My last thing would be to try and and you will want to go back again.

Ellesmere,

I have been to Mexico (3 places) and Aruba. After falling in love with Aruba, there really is no comparison. I have made many return trips to Aruba and have no strong desire to return to Mexico. One thing not mentioned is how safe Aruba is - especially compared to Mexico. And I agree with the other comments made - locals are not pushy, everyone is so friendly, amazing food, lots to do (or nothing at all!), the island is gorgeous!

I think that if you have already been to Mexico, why not try someplace new? Life is short, the world is big... take a chance and maybe you will find a new favorite place worth returning to over and over again...

Keep us posted on what you decide! *cheers*

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ellesmere, As you can see by this forum there are many many return visitors to the island. Reason- its the best island, for others and us. We've been going for 12 years, and will continue to go. Ah, be adventurous, give it a try. Check out the entire forum, read the posts both present and past, and then look at the gallery of pictures that we have all posted.....Any questions, ask away.
    cindyo

There is a reason Aruba is the most re-visited island in the Caribbean, one visit and you will be coming back as often as you can. The Tam is nice, you get access to all of the tam/divi goodies for a good price and you are still close enough to walk downtown if you want. It's very convenient place for first time visitors.

We've been all over Mexico and will go nowhere but Aruba now. Mexico is fantastic, Aruba is fantastic squared.

I have been thinking about the title of this post...convince me...well, I have decided we shouldn't be convincing anyone to go to the island, the less people there the better IMOP....We'll keep it all to ourselves, LOL....Anyone else with me on this one????

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I have been thinking about the title of this post...convince me...well, I have decided we shouldn't be convincing anyone to go to the island, the less people there the better IMOP....We'll keep it all to ourselves, LOL....Anyone else with me on this one????
    Actually, once I close on a rental property I'm all for convincing more people to go.

Chadd, you're right on that one....I guess I am being selfish....:>) cindyo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast