Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convince me!

abj
    We keep looking at the Tamarijn .....................

we liked the tam. there are a ton of kids though and its dead there by like 8pm. but man walk out of your room and your on the beach. gotta love that. here are our pictures from this past aug. http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/abodyjoe/aruba/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I have been thinking about the title of this post...convince me...well, I have decided we shouldn't be convincing anyone to go to the island, the less people there the better IMOP....We'll keep it all to ourselves, LOL....Anyone else with me on this one????
    I second that,the Surf Club was so crowded in October we really don't need any body else....only kidding we love Aruba and you will too.Come join us at the Surf Club,theres always room for one more

I'll say this with a completely un-serious tone to my voice....

S
    tay away.... we like it the way it is, if any more new people show up it's going to be over-run....

Just kidding. Let everyone you know learn about this little bit o' heaven. That's the only way the place will get better and grow...

As much as I do love and enjoy the "quaintness" of the island, the truth is progress is progress, and once it touches down, it would seem there's no stopping it. So who are we to make that decision?

Everyone should get the opportunity to appreciate it the way we all do.

counting the moments until we make that final plan for April

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning everyone,

Ellesmere, two weeks in Aruba and the spell which Mexico has over you (Goodness know how that came about) will melt away like snow on a tropical beach.

I've been going to Aruba, on and off,since 1980. Back then it was a clean, well-run, stable island with gorgeous weather, beautiful beaches and friendly people. It is still all of those things.

You will not need an "all-inclusive" type of resort. Those are great in destinations where, once you step off the property, dining choices are limited and matters such as language, sanitation, personal safety and just the general feeling of being uncomfortable are issues. Places like Mexico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica fall into that category. In Aruba these are non-issues.

It can be pricey, but you get what you pay for. Why not look for package holidays to Aruba from Amsterdam? KLM flies into Aruba several times per week.

I'd love to say don't go, so those of us who love Aruba can keep it to ourselves, but that wouldn't be fair.

Anyway, give it a try. Have fun.

Bye for now,

Glenn

Question Also need some convincing....

I was last (and the only time) in Aruba in 1996. I have wonderful memories, and now want to return for a (delayed) honeymoon with my new husband. However, I have heard & read some disturbing news of sewage in the ocean & the beaches. We are planning to stay at the Hyatt.

Can anyone either confirm these reports, or dispel them so I can feel comfortable in booking this vacation?

Thank you!

Ahhh good one! Mexico is far much nicer I would stick with that. In all fairness being new to the forum and besides my sense of humor there really is no convincing to do here! I am not speaking badly of Mexico, I had my spring break shares during my college days and also did some quick getaway trips there as well. In my opinion, do yourself a favor and book the trip to Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by ellesmere View Post
    Hi to everyone. I'm new to this forum and need advice. My husband and i have been considering a visit to Aruba for some time but it's quite pricey travelling from the UK. As our children are now grown up, it will probably be just the two of us next year, so therefore more affordable. Trouble is I'm besotted with Mexico and will need a lot of convincing to make the change. We keep looking at the Tamarijn .....................so convince me - should it be Aruba in 2009?
    Ellesmere,Do you need more to be convinced?We all love Aruba and we think you will too..

Quote Originally Posted by denisedld View Post
    I have heard & read some disturbing news of sewage in the ocean & the beaches. We are planning to stay at the Hyatt.

Can anyone either confirm these reports, or dispel them so I can feel comfortable in booking this vacation?
    Any such reports are rediculous.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Denise,

I have to agree with Rob. I've been going to Aruba since 1980 and I've never heard or seen anything like that.

During a storm, the seaweed and sand might get churned up a bit, and it may take the water a few days to settle down and clear, but nothing more than that.

Book your trip and have fun!

Glenn

My wife and I have been to Aruba 9 times. I talk to anyone and always ask if they have been anywhere else besides Aruba.....I get the same answers re: "we have been to Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica etc etc. but since we came to Aruba, we have never gone anywhere else". I think that says it all. After our first two visits to Aruba we wanted to try somewhere else and asked our travel agent where to go....the reply was, now that you have been to Aruba I can not think of any other place better than that.....so we went back to Aruba 7 more times. We just got back Nov. 15th and can't wait to go back again. Four years ago we went to Aruba 3 times that year,...a little expensive but worth it. Our best place is the Divi All Inclusive,..best beach, service, people etc. You will not be sorry with a trip to the Divi in Aruba.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast