Aruba Beach

Thread: Counting the days!

Mangel Halto, Arashi, Catalina Cove, Malmok, Andicuri Beach

Counting the days!

Hi everyone! We're getting ready for our 3rd trip to Aruba - last visited over the Christmas/New Year holiday in 2006. First time without our two girls (who are away at college and not happy we are going without them!), but we are bringing dear friends with us. I've learned so much great information from this fourm - thank you all for sharing so generously!

We'll be staying at the Divi Golf Villas November 5-12, 2011. Am hoping to book a jeep tour with Madi (patiently waiting for a reply ) and have just confirmed a lunch snorkel trip with Tranquilo.

Any advice on good locations for beach snorkeling would be very much appreciated. I've read good things about Arashi and Catalina Bay, which I know I can reach by bus. Mangel Halto looks wonderful too, just not sure how easy it is to get to without a car. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Aruba since 1979
    Directions

click above link for directions to MANGEL HALTO
    you will need a car rental or maybe hiring a taxi for a couple of hrs!

and make certain you leave NOTHING visible in your car when you re parked doing shore snorkels.
    sometimes we hear of thieves ready to break into cars. (not the norm, but why take any chance)

let us know if madi gets back to you. i hope she does!

QUOTE=iswimforfood;211599]Hi everyone! We're getting ready for our 3rd trip to Aruba - last visited over the Christmas/New Year holiday in 2006. First time without our two girls (who are away at college and not happy we are going without them!), but we are bringing dear friends with us. I've learned so much great information from this fourm - thank you all for sharing so generously!

We'll be staying at the Divi Golf Villas November 5-12, 2011. Am hoping to book a jeep tour with Madi (patiently waiting for a reply ) and have just confirmed a lunch snorkel trip with Tranquilo.

Any advice on good locations for beach snorkeling would be very much appreciated. I've read good things about Arashi and Catalina Bay, which I know I can reach by bus. Mangel Halto looks wonderful too, just not sure how easy it is to get to without a car. Thanks in advance for any advice![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-18-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Malmok is nice as well and pretty close to your hotel!
    Enjoy your stay!

Theo

Andrea - thank you so much for the directions to Mangel Halto. We are trying to decide if we should rent a cat for the week. What is the driving like in Aruba? Can you recommend a rental agency? We would need a van - there are 6 in our group. I heard back from Madi last night, we are all set for our tour on Nov. 10th - can't wait!

Scubadiver - thanks for the tip. Looking forward to spending a lot of time in the water :-)

Aruba since 1979
    good
    glad madi got back to you.

i encourage you to go to GETTING AROUND ARUBA for chatter on car /van rentals.

there is one thread in particular that mentions vans and recommendations for the AMIGO car rental co. here is their site

http://www.amigocar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iswimforfood View Post
    Andrea - thank you so much for the directions to Mangel Halto. We are trying to decide if we should rent a cat for the week. What is the driving like in Aruba? Can you recommend a rental agency? We would need a van - there are 6 in our group. I heard back from Madi last night, we are all set for our tour on Nov. 10th - can't wait!

Scubadiver - thanks for the tip. Looking forward to spending a lot of time in the water :-)

Thanks Andrea - I'll check it out!

Smile

I will swim for food also!!! Welcome and hope you have a great time in Aruba. I am coming for my 24th trip Nov 5 thru 13th. Maybe we can hook up. Kent Gerber
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017