Aruba Beach

Thread: Couple off to Aruba for the first time!! :)

Smile Couple off to Aruba for the first time!! :)

Hi everyone,

first i'd like to say how happy I am to have found this forum!
    Myself and my partner Matthew are off to Aruba on the 27th May for two weeks, and we're both soooo excited!! We're staying at the Riu Palace hotel - has anyone stayed there? Or have any useful information/tips about the hotel?

We're looking for a few general ideas if possible - (things/places we absolutely can't miss in Aruba!) and some info about some nice beach bars/pub type places that we can go to in the evening? Some fun and laid back places where we can have a nice cocktail.

Also, are there any particular fun snorkel boat exursions anyone would reccomend? (with music and rum punch included ideally ha ha ) We like snorkelling and hopefully want to get in a few boat trips!

Any other info would be greatly appreciated! As I can see you guys know your stuff thank you!! xx
    I cant wait till honeymoon in Aruba!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    There is no way you won't love the island. My suggestion is for you to read thru this site by catagory and take some notes. All of the places to see, places to eat, ect are listed. There is lots of info out there.
    A few of my thougts...rent a car or closed top jeep, drive around for a day or 2
    Places to eat (my opinion,others will have theirs) Madame Jeannettes, Mirandi, flying fish, Suisse Chalet, Sunset Grill, El Guacho, Iguana Joes....
    Boats to snorkle from: Palm Pleasure HANDS DOWN
    Things to see...my opinion...not much.............BUT WHO CARES....its the greatest place on earth.
    Others will post and give your their thoughts...read them all and look forward to a great choice of places
    CIndyo

Oh you'll love the island. we stay at the Hyatt, which is a few hotels down from the Riu, and the beach and area around there is just perfect. Madamme Jannette's is our favorite restaraunt if you're looking for a fancy place. Texas de Brazil is right across from those hotels too, and it's very good. Most of the hotels around there have some kind of bar on the beach, I know that the Hyatt and Raddison do. I also suggest renting a jeep if you're looking for an adventure.We took one on our own without a tour group down to the Natural Pool, and it was definatley worth the trip. Just remember to bring water and food. The sights on the way were beautiful. You can just ask concierge how to get there, everyone is so nice there! You're going to have a great time!!

Thanks Cindyo and Megan!

I've read about the Natural pool and also the bridge, and the pictures i've seen look fab, definately must-sees We definately want to hire a jeep for the day and explore the island.
    Is the butterfly farm worth a visit?
    I cant wait till honeymoon in Aruba!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    never been to the butterfly farm, but one of my relatives did. She liked it, however, she said she could have done the same thing at home at our local zoo...