Aruba Beach

Thread: DanO Oregon and his two galz ,,,

Smile DanO Oregon and his two galz ,,,

Hello! I am new to this so excuse me if I don't use the right protocols. I am traveling to Aruba for the 1st time w/ my two older daughter Aug 9th - 24th and we are looking for a great place on the water w/ a view of the ocean sunsets. We want to be near a fun beach and close in to activities. A house would be great, a condo OK and apartments if they are awesome, would be alright as well (but $$ is a concern). I kind of want to stay out of the big resort areas. I have taken my daughters to Europe twice and now I want them to experience this lovely place (and get a feel for the real Aruba life).... feel free to email me at danof @ comcast . net or respond to me thru this forum,, Thank you sooo much!!!! DanO'

Any Aruba beach...
    Welcome to the forum.

How close to the activities do you wish to be? You do not say how old your daughters are but Palm Beach would be the most logical choice for a wide variety of activities as well as restaurants (in every price range ). More affordable accommodations would be renting a timeshare privately from an owner at the Playa Linda Resort (timeshare) or the Holiday Inn SunSpree.

The downside with the above is that it IS a big resort area.

See what other's opinions are but you can stay inexpensively at a place like MVC Eagle Beach or Sunset Beach Studios but you will HAVE TO have car to get to activities.

Traveling to Aruba with a group of 4 kids ages 11 - 18 this past Christmas, our family chose the Tamarijn. Best of all worlds: non-motorized watersports included as well as an activities program, all oceanfront rooms with a perfect view of the sunset
    very good food and beverage was a bonus.

Quick Overview of Tamarijn 12/22 - 1/3
    Additional parts of my review

You may want to try Aruba Beach Chalets. They have a website by that name. The place is right on the ocean and from here you can see excellent sunsets. It is in Savaneta, a small fishing town away from the tourist area. They have 2 bedroom units which would probably work good for you and your family. Please note, this is quite a distance from many activities and restaurants and you would definitely need a vehicle. However, it is here that you will experience more of the native feel of the island.

Good luck and Enjoy!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)