Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Time in Aruba 6/19-6/25

Thumbs up U will luv Aruba!!!

I have traveled, cruised, and seen alot...and then I went to Aruba. Let me just say, you will LOVE IT! Its a casual, laid back, friendly island... I have been back several times. I had such a nice experience (the horses, the people, the scenery) I have only ridden at Ponderosa Ranch (about 20+ x's) Some places offer different things... walk only, beach only, at the Ponderosa you get the roads, trails, mountains, beach, you can see both sides of the island from the top! (They do gallup on this ride- SPORTS BRA!!!) If u do not want to do anything but a slow walk, I suggest a private ride. WEAR SUNSCREEN! Bring CAMERA!!! It is AWESOME! (Trust me on that) As for seeing the Lighthouse, Vista Chapel, Baby Beach for an hour of snorkling, lunch at a local restaurant (B-55 I think is the name, GOOD FOOD) Go for the DePalm tour. The driver tells u everything about the Island, well worth the money! Also the sunset cruise was great. I travel now on a shoestring budget (I LOVE ARUBA!) so I stay at the Tropicana and cook my own breakfast and lunch. (bus to grocery store) I do not care for the hi-rises with soooo many people, nor the all inclusives anymore... I am not a big drinker... so at a smaller hotel, they know u by name. Its not to fancy, but a huge savings and I can do more. Also a daytrip to the Arocok national park is nice... great if u like nature walks. Make sure u grab a coupon book, that will help u alot. (BOOK direct if u can, usave a few dollars) I have a video of my horseback ride on the internet. Google aruba ponderosa denise and u should find it. Also check out some reviews from tripadvisor on the web. Hope this helps... ENJOY. After your trip, you'll understand why I keep returning to Aruba and have no desire to go anywhere else.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum denise!
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedabinett View Post
    I have traveled, cruised, and seen alot...and then I went to Aruba. Let me just say, you will LOVE IT! Its a casual, laid back, friendly island... I have been back several times. I had such a nice experience (the horses, the people, the scenery) I have only ridden at Ponderosa Ranch (about 20+ x's) Some places offer different things... walk only, beach only, at the Ponderosa you get the roads, trails, mountains, beach, you can see both sides of the island from the top! (They do gallup on this ride- SPORTS BRA!!!) If u do not want to do anything but a slow walk, I suggest a private ride. WEAR SUNSCREEN! Bring CAMERA!!! It is AWESOME! (Trust me on that) As for seeing the Lighthouse, Vista Chapel, Baby Beach for an hour of snorkling, lunch at a local restaurant (B-55 I think is the name, GOOD FOOD) Go for the DePalm tour. The driver tells u everything about the Island, well worth the money! Also the sunset cruise was great. I travel now on a shoestring budget (I LOVE ARUBA!) so I stay at the Tropicana and cook my own breakfast and lunch. (bus to grocery store) I do not care for the hi-rises with soooo many people, nor the all inclusives anymore... I am not a big drinker... so at a smaller hotel, they know u by name. Its not to fancy, but a huge savings and I can do more. Also a daytrip to the Arocok national park is nice... great if u like nature walks. Make sure u grab a coupon book, that will help u alot. (BOOK direct if u can, usave a few dollars) I have a video of my horseback ride on the internet. Google aruba ponderosa denise and u should find it. Also check out some reviews from tripadvisor on the web. Hope this helps... ENJOY. After your trip, you'll understand why I keep returning to Aruba and have no desire to go anywhere else.

Hi everyone!

Hi Andrea! I was so excited to post a reply I didn't say hello first.

Aruba since 1979
    no big deal!!

enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedabinett View Post
    Hi Andrea! I was so excited to post a reply I didn't say hello first.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I would suggest that you do rent a car for a couple of days and drive around the island. You cant take a bus to all the most interesting places. Baby beach, the gold mine ruins, the caves, the haystack and others. Driving on Aruba is the same as driving here in the states. The only law I know of thats different is that you cant turn right on red. Traffic is not as bad as my hometown. Main problem is that there are not very many road signs. That being said, you cant get lost for very long because the island is only 19 miles long and 7 miles wide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12