Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time to Aruba 7/31

Quote Originally Posted by camdor View Post
    hey... how do I get my profile picture to show up? I've loaded two different ones
    User CP
    Under Settings & Options
    Edit Avatar
    Choose one of the Pre-defined Aruba Avatars

Or
    Custom Avatar
    Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

Or
    Upload Image From Your Computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 166 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    .. and how do I get a count down attached to my profile?
    I'm usually good at computers for a 41 yr old!!
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/using-countdown-thingie-27957/#post112377
    instructions for posting your countdown

Your daughter should love the Surf club. If there are going to be any children on the island then, they will probably be found there. Lots of good info here on the forum about the Surf club.

Dont know yet...I'm sure it will be the Beaches
    Would like to know if anyone has been in late October. How is the weather? do I need to start my own thread with that question?

Quote Originally Posted by camdor View Post
    Would like to know if anyone has been in late October. How is the weather? do I need to start my own thread with that question?
    Weather in October will be terrific, water is nice and warm.

October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

Rainfall comes in the form of showers, and a good many of them overnight.

Hi BNJ,
    Welcome, "GO SOX" I will be leaving Sunday Aug. 03 for 2 weeks I think you will fall in love with Aruba have a great time.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by BostonNorthGirl View Post
    Hello, my husband and I and our 20-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter will be visiting Aruba for the first time. We are staying at La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club. Can anyone tell me if you enjoy staying at this resort and what is your favorite thing to do while here!

I have read some previous threads here, and I notice there's a lot of Red Sox fans!!! Go Sox!

Thanks! We're really looking forward to our first visit!!
    Gail
    Small world! My fiance and I are leaving for Aruba the day before you on Wednesday. Flying Jetblue from Boston- Well both be sporting our redsox gear! SO if you guys see someone in a redsox cap, i have mine on every day!!!

Were doing the Jolly Pirate Cruise on Friday!

Not sure what else we are doing yet, we rented a car and all, so it should be a fun time. We are in our twenties, but we dont "party" too much so were hoping for a relaxing time

We'll be looking for those Red Sox hats!! We'll have ours too! We leave on Thursday on American through Miami, and we're doing the Jolly Pirates cruise on Saturday!!! Other than that, we have not made any plans. My son is 20 and my daughter is 14 (tomorrow!). Family vacation before he goes back to college (U-Mass Amherst). Staying at La Cabana! We all definitely need to relax too!!! Have fun!

Gail

Small world! My fiance and I are leaving for Aruba the day before you on Wednesday. Flying Jetblue from Boston- Well both be sporting our redsox gear! SO if you guys see someone in a redsox cap, i have mine on every day!!!

Were doing the Jolly Pirate Cruise on Friday!

Not sure what else we are doing yet, we rented a car and all, so it should be a fun time. We are in our twenties, but we dont "party" too much so were hoping for a relaxing time

Quote Originally Posted by BostonNorthGirl View Post
    We'll be looking for those Red Sox hats!! We'll have ours too!
    Don't forget to get your Aruba/Red Sox stuff downtown at ":I Love Aruba" store across street from Hong King supermarket.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Gail, If this is your first visit you really need to rent a jeep at least for 1 day. Take it to the other side of the island and explore. It is really awsome to see what is out there. You really don't need to go on any of those tours you can do it yourself with a jeep. We have done it a couple of times now and in April we rented the jeep for the whole 2 weeks we were there. There are some really cool huts out there and some places you can go on your own that no bus or tour will take you to. We also stay at the LaCabana, very nice place and happy hour is fun. There are always alot of Boston people there. I think we were the only people from the Phila. PA area. All the DJ's talked about were the Boston Red Sox. Have fun and explore, the island is great and never a dull moment, good food, and great shopping downtown. Try the Tulip right up the street from the LaCabana for dinner good prices for great food, and in walking distance. The Driftwood is also good, that is downtown and Madame Jeanettes. The other thing is the Bell Boys at the LaCabana are quite helpfull on where to go. Angel is really good, he helped us alot. Oh yeah if you take the jeep out get a little cooler up town or if you have 1 at home that folds up and fits in you suitcase would be great. We had to buy one there, it will save you some to take 1 along. We would pack a lunch and take along water and drinks so you always had them while out and about. Saved you alot of money, to go to the grocery store. Well you have a great trip!!! If I can help you in anway more just let me know. Cindy

Hello Boston North, I am from Wilmington we are going back to Aruba in March can't wait have started my ticker. We are going with my 2 daughters 25 & 21. Welcome, you will love love love it there.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

You don't have to worry about the weather it is pretty much always the same sunny, breezy and hot. One time we got rain, at night into the next morning then the sun was out again. Sometimes its a nice break from all that tanning.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast