Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AUA1989

Thread: First time to Aruba, this coming Feb

First time to Aruba, this coming Feb

My wife and I have never been to Aruba, but we booked our first trip last week. We will be coming in early Feb 2015, and staying at the Occidental Grand. We're very excited for our trip, and looking for any advice. We love snorkeling (either from shore or excursions). We also love smaller sail boat excursions.

We've been to Cozumel a few times. We were told that Aruba will be somewhat similar to Cozumel? We intend to rent a Jeep for a couple days to explore the island. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dan

Hi Dan! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community forum!

There are so many great posts on this site with regard to both snorkeling and exploring! Use that search box in the upper right and you will find tons of information.

I've never been to Cozumel, but I'm quite confident you will fall in love with Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com commuity forum.
    i have been to cozumel on cruises and land based vacation........there is nothing remotely similar imo.

small sail boat sailing/snorkeling, i would recommend Tranquilo or Octopus!

shore snorkel I would recommend ArubaBob Snorkeling........hand held propulsion devices used!!!

spend lots of time in the "watersports" section of this forum.

the Occidental is a lovely property.

Quote Originally Posted by ddodge68 View Post
    My wife and I have never been to Aruba, but we booked our first trip last week. We will be coming in early Feb 2015, and staying at the Occidental Grand. We're very excited for our trip, and looking for any advice. We love snorkeling (either from shore or excursions). We also love smaller sail boat excursions.

We've been to Cozumel a few times. We were told that Aruba will be somewhat similar to Cozumel? We intend to rent a Jeep for a couple days to explore the island. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum you will have a great time in Aruba, listen to what Andrea tells you she is a wealth of knowledge on Aruba. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    dick..you are kind...my wealth of information was received from listening and following advice from so many of you fine folks.
    we all share aruba knowledge.
    many of us learn by our own experiences on island!!!

Some info on "no cost" snorkeling from the beach http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snor...0catalina.html

If you love snorkeling you will love Tranquilo and their lunch snorkel cruise http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/tours/...-lunch-cruise/. Well worth the money.

Welcome to the Forum. This is the place to be to find out factual information about "Paradise," aka "Aruba." Enjoy the posts...adding your own when you complete your trip. We're so happy to have you with us.

Ed

I've never been to Cozumel or any of the Mexican resort areas, however, my co-worker and family had for many years, and once I convinced them to go to Aruba they've not been back to Mexico. The thing they compare the most is the drinking water and feeling of being safe. The water in Aruba is drinkable without worry and is the best tasting water I've ever had. My friends cut their honeymoon short in the early 90s due to stomach problems that they attributed to the water in Cozumel (and why they continued to return is beyond me). The feeling of being free to roam the island was one other thing they enjoyed about Aruba. In Cozumel, they hardly ventured from their resort without worry.

Enjoy reading the posts here; peruse older ones as there is quite a bit of info hidden in older posts.

Thank you for all of the great info. The Tranquilo tour looks amazing!!! We are super excited. We have been to Cozumel a few times, and we've always felt very safe there, so we should feel even more safe in Aurba. Can't wait to have our feet in the sand!!!

If I had not posted before, Welcome to the Forum. You will find many loyal friends and much information here. Aruba is absolutely the best, and I MOP very safe.

Ed