Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First time to Aruba - June 2011

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    jennib...
    you can get to their website & check rates and trips .... Morningstar aruba on google will get you there....

Welcome, you are going to have a blast, it is a beautiful paradise, i'm all about less planned things and more of just relaxing. Enjoy whatever you do

Thanks OneHappyTraveler!! I am getting ready to look into that right now. Any other suggestions?

Kath2me: My boyfriend and I had to make some compromise. He didn't want to plan anything at all, but I need some structure (even on vacation). That is why we only have a few "planned" things. I am sure we will have fun no matter what we do. 12 days!!

First time vacation

Can anyone give me any tips im going for the 1st time!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum LA rachel

i could post a bunch of links to different threads for this forum, but the best thing for you to do is to tell us what you like to do on a beach vacation.

i advise you to look in

the aruba general section

the culinary section

the activities section and

the nightlife section

the getting around aruba section

it is imperative that you do not OVERschedule activities.
    leave yourself plenty of beach time.

enjoy, pour yourself a huge glass of wine, put your feet up and get reading.

we are here to help!

i recommend taking a tour of the island too.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by LARACHEL View Post
    Can anyone give me any tips im going for the 1st time!

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling

First time vacation - LA Rachel

Hi LA Rachel,

The best advice my wife and I got on our first visit to Aruba was from our cab driver. (I am a Type A, and want to see everything there is to see immediately.) He said, "If I were you, I'd get me a cold Balashi beer and watch the sunset on a beach chair." That was great advice, which we took.

We're taking our third trip in two months and the thing we can't wait to do is sit under a palapa, read and relax with an adult beverage. We probably won't even break out the snorkel gear for a day or two.

That said, if it's your first trip, I agree with the idea of taking a tour, to get your bearings. If you like the water, I'd also book a snorkel trip with either one of the bigger boats like Red Sail or Jolly Pirates, or a smaller, relaxed boat like Roberto's (in front of the Holiday Inn on Palm beach.)

If you are adventurous, an ATV ride to the Natural Pool and the wild north side of the island is a blast. Just be sure to use a reputable company. Golf is expensive and it's windy most of the time, so it can be frustrating.

The flea market on LG. Smith Boulevard is fun as well. Just ask a concierge for time and location. Enjoy the MANY great restaurants as well. Eat at least one night on the beach, but preferably most of them.

You can do everything, or nothing and have a great time. That's why we all keep coming back for more! Enjoy your trip.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Yay I can now have my ticker! Now if only this thing could speed up time! :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123