Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisvec
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By arubabob

Thread: First time posting

First time posting

Hey All - my hubby and I are returning to Aruba on May 17th for a week and we are so excited! We went about 6 years ago and stayed at the Divi AI - this year a friend gave us their timeshare and we are staying at La Cabana - since it has been so long since we have been there I would love any tips/suggestions/recommendations, etc - for both La Cabana and anything else you guys think we should do while there. Little info on us - 31 and 32 years old, no kids, he golfs and we love going out and having a few cocktails. Since we did all inclusive last time we didnt eat out anywhere besides the Divi. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    We to are staying at La Cabana beginning the 17th. You will love the beach at La Cabana. The Pata Pata Bar is always fun. Last time we were there we couldn't believe how much live entertainment there was in the late afternoon. Great happy hours as well. La Cabana is right next to The Amsterdam which has Passions as their beach front restaurant at night. Excellent location to watch the sun set and excellent food as well.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum!

you will enjoy lacabana and eagle beach right there out front!!

make sure that you read the culinary/culture section for restaurant chatter.

enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by julieb1981 View Post
    Hey All - my hubby and I are returning to Aruba on May 17th for a week and we are so excited! We went about 6 years ago and stayed at the Divi AI - this year a friend gave us their timeshare and we are staying at La Cabana - since it has been so long since we have been there I would love any tips/suggestions/recommendations, etc - for both La Cabana and anything else you guys think we should do while there. Little info on us - 31 and 32 years old, no kids, he golfs and we love going out and having a few cocktails. Since we did all inclusive last time we didnt eat out anywhere besides the Divi. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Thanks! We will have to meet up for happy hour!

Also - do you do any grocery shopping or do you tend to just eat out all the time? What is easiest? thanks

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Sounds good! Since we cook at home all week and go out maybe on a Fri. or Sat night, we tend to go out when we are on vacation. We do load up the room with snacks, beer, booze & water for those in between times. There are a few grocery stores in the area. We usually go to Lings as it is convenient.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Since hubby is a golfer you should take him to Tierra Del Sol golf course for a round. You can ride in the cart with him. It is a challenging course and you will see a part of the island most visitors do not see.

Perfect! Thanks for the tip!

we will be arriving in may for our first time...

any favorite snorkel spots and beach bar lunch suggestions?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    here are some tagged threads re: snorkeling.
    if you wind up at baby beach for snorkeling please be aware that going on the other side of the sea wall is very dangerous.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling.html

i also encourage you to visit one of our member's breakfast / lunch beach place....it is SCOTT'S BRATS on the beach at the Playa Linda.

also go to the Culinary section and read some of the chatter there about lunch places.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachmi View Post
    any favorite snorkel spots and beach bar lunch suggestions?