Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time trip to Aruba in November 09 :)

First time trip to Aruba in November 09 :)

Hey ya'll! My boyfriend and I are going to our FIRST trip to Aruba and are really excited to be doing so. I've heard a lot of good things about the place. If anyone could tell me one place/attraction/restaurant that is a MUST see, that would be great! Also, has anyone gone on the party bus that takes you to bars in Aruba-I think it's called the Kookoo kunuku....Is it fun? Also, my boyfriend had gone to Jamaica before and there was a location where you could jump off a cliff into the water-Is there any area like that?

I think we are staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree-Anyone stay there before and your impressions?

Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated since this is my first time flying out of the country. I cannot wait

Thank you, Lauren

Here is some info to get you started in your research. THE best activity would really depend on what your interests are: sightseeing, watersports etc.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/first%20time.html

For info on Kukoo Kunuku
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/kukoo%20kunuku.html

There is no cliff diving in Aruba.

Lauren,

Congratulations on making the best choice for your first trip abroad

The only place I can think of where you could make sort of a dive off a cliff would be the Natural Pool. Not much of a jump though, but well worth the experience!

Another must, in my opinion, is watching the sunset from Bugaloe Beach Bar, drinking a Brown Lady.. Million-dollar-view from that pier

Enjoy your trip, you will love it!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenmarie View Post
    Hey ya'll! My boyfriend and I are going to our FIRST trip to Aruba and are really excited to be doing so. I've heard a lot of good things about the place. If anyone could tell me one place/attraction/restaurant ...
    What do you like??? Seafood, italian, steaks...that is a MUST see, that would be great! Also, has anyone gone on the party bus that takes you to bars in Aruba-I think it's called the Kookoo kunuku....Is it fun? Also, my boyfriend had gone to Jamaica before and there was a location where you could jump off a cliff into the water-Is there any area like that? Nothing like that in aruba...

I think we are staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree-Anyone stay there before and your impressions? On a scale of 1-5, I would rate it a 3.

Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated since this is my first time flying out of the country. I cannot wait

Thank you, Lauren
    Other ideas include a snorkle sail, sunset sail, on one of several boats avail...Jolly Pirate, Palm Pleasure...
    Let us know what you're looking for in restaurants..price, food, location..

There is no places like Ricks cafe in Jamaica in Aruba. Well none that I have heard of anywayand thanksfully so. I remember taking the plunge of those cliffs which are clearly marked with no jumping signs at night! Young, dumb, brain was a little foggy, ya know. Anyway welcome and spend some time going through the posts, you will learn a lot.

If you rent a jeep - make sure you do "the loop" at the North end of the island by the light house to Alta Vista. It's amazing the difference between the leeward and windward sides of the island. The sand dunes are there, some parts look like the surface of the moon and there are a bunch of "wish rocks" which are
    piles of rocks you make and then wish for something. Some are very creative!

hi

we will be in aruba starting nov 9th for 2 weeks.our 1st time there.i guess we will be learning as we go here as you.

Aruba since 1979
    re: the rock piles
    i have heard different stories all from arubans.
    some are annoyed that folks would ruin the landscape with the rock piles.
    others think it is cool and perpetuate the legend by encouraging folks to make rock piles and make wishes.

what's your take on it liz?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    If you rent a jeep - make sure you do "the loop" at the North end of the island by the light house to Alta Vista. It's amazing the difference between the leeward and windward sides of the island. The sand dunes are there, some parts look like the surface of the moon and there are a bunch of "wish rocks" which are
    piles of rocks you make and then wish for something. Some are very creative!

Hi newbie Lauren,

I did the KooKoo Kunuku, its fun if you like to drink and party, but know that some peoople get out of hand.
    As per the Holiday Inn, I was there last time in 2004, they had lots of renovations which are good and I would give at 3 1/2 to a 4 now.
    As per restaurant like CindyO said there are lots that we all like, but its up to you what you like, if you tell us, we can recommend.
    You are going to love Aruba, and things to really see is the Natural Pool and Baby Beach are a must.
    Enjoy

LaurenMarie,

Welcome to the board. Be careful doing any cliff diving. There are places that that look inviting, near Mango Halto but don't do it. The rocks are closer than they appear. Plenty of snorkel places though.

I highly recommend the aforementioned sunset views with beverages.

Aruba is the kind of place to kick back, soak up the sun, great food, and such. Screaming Eagle is a favorite upscale restaurant of mine, as is Old Man and the Sea. I have plenty of cheap local joints that I frequent, too.

There's tons of info here on the board and you might also try my blog, just go to the Aruba headings.

Enjoy.

PS: Check in with the Reverend Gibson while you're on the island and get married. Hey, why not?
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast