Aruba Beach

Thread: First Time Visitor

Smile First Time Visitor

Hi Everyone! I am a first-time visitor and will be arriving with my husband and two kids (15 & 14) in three weeks....we can't wait! We've booked a snorkel cruise, are staying at the Marriott, and would love other suggestions for fun, dining, etc. Also, where is the best place to rent a Jeep? Is it worth renting a jeep for our entire stay (8 days)? Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

In my 3 week experience ( 2 week trip, 1 week trip.... and in September my 3rd trip & 4th week).

I would say the experiences I've liked best:

El Gaucho restaurant - best steaks I've ever had at reasonable prices for the meal. (did it both times we were there)

Jolly Pirates: we enjoyed this excursion... (did it both times we were there)

I would definitely rent a vehicle (not necessarily a jeep) to have flexibility to explore, go to restaurants, do what you want.

my 2 cents

I am leaving tomorrow for my 2nd trip. I went the 1st time 2 years ago with just my wife and I, no kids, for a quick 4 day trip. This time we are staying a week at the Marriott Surf Club. I would recommend renting a jeep for 1 day right at the Marriott. Start north towards the Lighthouse and finish up at Baby Beach with your snorkel equipment. I don't think you need a jeep for the week. This time I am renting a car for the week for a little more freedom to dive around where we want to. We will still probably rent a jeep for the day to go off roading. Have fun.

rent a vehicle at your resort for at least a day- go to the store and stock up on food, munchies and sodas- especially for those teens.

We used abcjeep tours for a tour of the island. Honey dont like driving while on vacation and for me--aruba signs are confusing so we left the driving to someone else.

We stay at the radisson and many places to eat are across the street-- walking distance,

fun places were smokey joes and Casa Tua.

We signed up on Texas De Brazil web site to get buy 1 get 1 free dinner. Iwas amazing- Gonna try Amazonia this time

Please let us know how you liked Aruba when you get back

Close to the Marriot a new Mall opened, Nice restaurants, every evening a watershow, some nice store, good coffee. It is called Paseo Herencia.

Have a great vacation.

Bon Bini, I'd say 2 day jeep rental, 1st start with Lighthouse and continue down the coast(DO NOT) drive in the white sand, On this side you have Alto Vista, Natural Bridge, Gold Mine, Natural Pool. I would suggest a tour for the pool very rough, injury's occur. Day2 Baby Beach assume, don't go past the break water, very strong current, Charlie's Bar ( closed Sunday's) Downtown . Enjoy your first you will be back.

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. This is a big event for us, so hopefully we made the right decision!