Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewJersey2Aruba

Thread: First timer - just 2 weeks!

Thumbs up First timer - just 2 weeks!

Hi all!
    I will be going to Aruba in 2 weeks (and a a day) for the first time Going with my husband and 2 girls, ages 7 and 4. We are staying at La Cabana for 7 days and have a jeep rental all set up because we like to explore on our own terms.
    I've been trolling this forum for the past month gathering ideas and info - you guys are a wealth of it - thank you!
    I've only actually booked 2 things (Atlantis submarine and a sunset reservation at Barefoot for a night we plan to get a sitter) but I have a notebook full of ideas and we will play it all by ear and see where the rest of the week takes us.
    Thanks again - what an awesome wealth of information for a first timer, all in one place!

West Deck in the afternoon
    The first trip is so exciting and I think you will be surprised how you get that same feeling when you return whether it's your 2nd or 22nd time. Our first trip we had so many plans but we enjoyed the beach so much we never left the resort.

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    I hope you will write a report and share your trip with us. You have two nice activities planned and a Jeep to explore. Make sure to save plenty of time for the beach. This is your first trip, but I'm willing to bet it wont be your last. Hope you have a great time!

Aruba since 1979

We look forward to reading your Aruba story.

Have a great time! You'll LOVE it! If your little ones like animals, the Ostrich Farm and Donkey Farm are neat and the Butterfly Farm early in the morning (9-ish) is peaceful and wonderful! One admission price allows you to return as you wish. One lady staying at the Phoenix when we were, went across the street every day with her book, and read for about an hour when the heat of the day was at its' highest. Nice, cool and serene there. It's worth it to check a bag packed with things you won't be able to carry on, like larger tubes of sunblock, after-sun, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Having to buy these items in Aruba is expensive!