Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First Timers

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    If you sign up for Marriott Rewards, you do have a chance of getting an upgrade. Not a great one, but still a chance.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew..._benefits_8.mi

Complimentary room upgrade

Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel.

Thanks for the tip! I am already a Marriott Rewards member, so hopefully my piddly Gold status means something when I beg!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Howdy Sidefly!

Besides what other forum members already mentioned, I would add to be extra careful with the sun. The sun in Aruba is VERY strong and can be sometimes underestimated.

Thank you all for the replies, I hope the weather cooperates and it turns out awesome! We will be there a week, so we should have some time to explore... although doing absolutely nothing but beach and water sounds pretty good too! We are in Kansas, so 'ocean' is a luxury!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    Thank you all for the replies, I hope the weather cooperates and it turns out awesome! We will be there a week, so we should have some time to explore... although doing absolutely nothing but beach and water sounds pretty good too! We are in Kansas, so 'ocean' is a luxury!!
    Are you talking about the Kansas weather? The weather in Aruba is guaranteed.

One other question... I run a lot, is that something I can do in Aruba? Should I bring my workout stuff? I couldn't tell if sidewalks existed, but it appears a run out the lighthouse and back was around 6 miles from the hotel, so that would be about what I'm looking for. Treadmills suck the life out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    One other question... I run a lot, is that something I can do in Aruba? Should I bring my workout stuff? I couldn't tell if sidewalks existed, but it appears a run out the lighthouse and back was around 6 miles from the hotel, so that would be about what I'm looking for. Treadmills suck the life out of me.
    Yes. Lots of runners. Particularly on that route - you can run by the side of the road where the sand is hard.

We're old, so we walk a portion of that route frequently. Never had any issues.
    Trip #13 Coming Up Next In October.

THE ARUBA PEARL. OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

You will probably want to run as soon as the sun comes up as its too hot any later than 8 am. I always want to try to go to lighthouse and back but the traffic makes me nervous. I go from playa Linda to Amsterdam manor and back which is exactly a 5k. That section of road has enough of a shoulder to run comfortably. If you are in the high rise area and want a shorter run (2 miles) you can run the beach sidewalk to one end, then the street back. Enjoy!

You will have the best time and wonder why you never Vacationed In Aruba before .
    the weather the people cosmopolitan with a Caribean feel...You will be back
    sending you sun sea and sand
    First Timers-image.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	4999we are home for June ......
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast