Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First Timers

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    Thank you all for the replies, I hope the weather cooperates and it turns out awesome! We will be there a week, so we should have some time to explore... although doing absolutely nothing but beach and water sounds pretty good too! We are in Kansas, so 'ocean' is a luxury!!
    Welcome, Sidefly!

A few quick tips for your upcoming trip:
    -There is always a trade wind blowing, so bring towel clips for your chair. You can find them at Wal Mart, Target, basically anywhere.
    - The sun is STRONG. Bring more sunscreen than you think you'll need. We typically go through a bottle and a half between my husband and I and we are tanners.
    - You will probably be ok not renting a car, but keep in mind they are very cheap should you decide you want to get one. We typically rent one every year and always need it but that's just us.
    - Avoid downtown when you see a cruise ship in port. TRAFFIC!
    - Try lots of restaurants and try to do your homework before you leave. There is a lot of variety when it comes to food on the island and from all cultures at that.
    - Most importantly.....ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to you both!

11 Days!!

Palm Beach. Eagle Beach. Baby beach. Moombas. Bugaloe. Piano bar.
    Sidefly, which Marriott are you staying at? Hotel, Ocean Club or Surf Club?

A few more reminders:
    Don't expect a long wait in the Immigration Hall, you will be through there before you can even blink. You will want to avoid packing too much clothing as you will most likely purchase some souvenir t-shirts and such. As was mentioned before bring sunscreen and be prepared to use and apply frequently throughout the day. You can count of sunny days during your visit, even if you wake up to cloudy skies or rainfall, it won't last long. It will clear up and be back to sunny with clear blue skies. Be sure to keep yourself hydrated, the sun and the humidity combined will drain you. Other than that, enjoy your visit.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanieash View Post
    Hi I will visiting the island with my family in august.I am here to know about everything there is to know about Aruba. Really excited

Visiting Feb 2017 for our 30th

Anniversary on 2/14/2017 Staying at Bucuti It will be our first time in Aruba.
    Last edited by JackieK; 06-09-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: error

Thank you everyone for the assistance! We had such an awesome time that our next flight is already booked. We are bringing our 12/14 yr old kids this time. So... where to stay??? We need a kitchen for sure to save on food expenses, but we want the beach for sure. Considering Marriott Surf Club via VRBO. Thoughts?

I want these again!!!
    First Timers-bb.jpg

Or check redweek for timeshare rentals. Or here on this forum. Or the websites for the timeshare places - they usually have rental boards. Put a "wanted" post in our timeshare forum.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    Thank you everyone for the assistance! We had such an awesome time that our next flight is already booked. We are bringing our 12/14 yr old kids this time. So... where to stay??? We need a kitchen for sure to save on food expenses, but we want the beach for sure. Considering Marriott Surf Club via VRBO. Thoughts?

I want these again!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	5362
    Mmmmm tacos! Can't go wrong with the Surf Club. Redweek is probably your best bet, but rooms sometimes show up here on the forum.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123