Aruba Beach

Thread: First and horseback riding

First and horseback riding

Hi Gang!

I am Caroline and my husband Tom and I are travelling to Aruba in early November. We would like to go fishing early in the week - fishing for dinner fish, not trophies. Would prefer bottom fishing to deep-sea, but we are unfamiliar with the waters - what is best? Any suggestions on this? Most of the charters I've seen are for 3 hours...we are die-hard fishers and would like a 4 - 6 hour this too much time in Aruba? We did a 8 hr off Panama 2 years ago (in the Pacific) and really filled the freezer; any advice would be welcome!

I have been a horse owner all of my life, but have never ridden a horse on a beach - DYING to do this! Suggestions, anyone?

We will be staying near Mangol Halto beach - advice on things to do and see would be welcome too!

Thanks everyone, and looking forward to Aruba for the first time!

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling

Caroline, Welcome to the Aruba board. You will Love Aruba!!

As far as fishing, I am a diehard fisherman with MANY hours on the sea. Most has been in Florida but I just got back from my 28th trip to Aruba so I have many trips in Aruba also. I did bottom fishing 1 time in Aruba and thats it. The biggest fish that was brought on the boat is what I use for bait in Florida. I will NEVER bottom fish in Aruba again. You need to check Glen out that runs a boat called Hats Off. They troll and I always get wahoo and or mahi mahi to eat. I will also be in Aruba starting Nov 4th and I stay by Mangle Halto at a bed and breakfast called Club Arias. You can e-mail me if you have any questions. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Aruba since 1979
    check out the above link for some fishing charters etc.
    welcome to the community forum
    i have ridden at all of the horseback ranches.
    all terrific
    riding on the beach is terrific.
    ponderosa, el paso, gold mine ranch are all good places.

Hello Caroline, I posted a review on the fishing and horseback riding we did here:

On the Island 8/26-9/2