Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First Trip to Aruba

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Quote Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
    Why on earth would they take you out to the deepest spot first, especially if they know they will have inexperienced people on the boat? That is nuts? I knew there was a deep portion of the trip and was planning on skipping that part and staying on the boat but I had no idea it was the first stop!
    Our second time on Jolly Pirates, I did just what you said - I stayed on the boat at the deep water stop, and I wasn't alone. The boat itself is fun, there's music and drinks and the staff is great. I would go again though if it was a day that was less choppy than our last time. I don't want to discourage you at all because Jolly Pirates is really a lot of fun. I just think the 1st stop is probably not the best. They staff does a good job at letting you know what to expect.

First trip to Aruba

Thank you everyone for all of the advice. This forum is great and I am very glad I joined. I am truly looking forward to this vacation and I can not wait.

I have done the Jolly Pirates 4 times. The first time, I hated the first stop at the Antilla. Way too choppy and it was my first time snorkling. The pirates warned us, but I didn't listen. As they were helping me aboard, one of them said - we told you!! The second time, the waters were a lot less choppy, so I tried again and it was great. The last two times, too choppy so I stayed on board, had a run punch and watched the others. No matter which way you do it, you'll have fun. The Pirates are a great bunch of guys - they even let me drive the boat one time. We are planning on going again next year!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123