Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: First trip to Aruba (June 2015)

Ben

Thumbs up First trip to Aruba (June 2015)

Hi guys,

First of all, my compliments for this great forum, I have found lots of useful information here and I'm sure I will find much more!

My name is Ben, 55 yrs old, from The Netherlands. Me and my wife will visite Aruba on June 6th and will stay there for 9 days. It will be our first trip to Aruba, a couple of years ago we visited Curacao. We will be staying in the Renaissance Marina Hotel. Because we both really like to snorkel (we did snorkeltrips in Egypt, Israel and Florida), we already booked a private snorkeltour with Aruba Bob. The many positive reviews here and on Tripadvisor were enough to convince us this may be one of the highlights of our trip.

I'm still not sure if we will rent a car, since we will be staying in the Renaissance, close to the city. Ofcourse, we want to see the beaches (other good snorkelsites) but maybe we can use public transportation for that. Probably it will be a mix of both and we will rent a car for one or two days to explore the island. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Ok, that's it so far, really looking forward to visit your wonderful island!

Hi Ben! Welcome to the forum! Staying at the Ren you will be centrally located to everything. A car is nice to have, but buses and taxis are readily available and the rates are published on line. The bus line will take you almost anywhere you want to go and taxis can take you anywhere else. Aruba Bob is an excellent choice for a private snorkel trip. For specific questions use the search bar at the top right of the page. Enjoy your trip!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Welcome to the forum Ben. You are going to have a wonderful stay in Aruba and hope you will be nice enough to share your experience with us. Have fun on the forum.

Welcome to the forum. June will be here before you know it and I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 04-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Another welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Heres a few tips for you Ben
    your room key is your boat key, you need it to get on thr boat
    the private island has great pizza, brick oven try it
    there are no happy hours on thr private island
    Blu Bar has great bento box type appetizers, kinda like tappas that are really good. That with happy hour pool side ( adolt only) is a cool afternoon
    restaurants LGSmith and Aquarius are excellent. aquarius is buffet and LG has great early bird specials with steaks etc
    theres a grocery store directly behind the marina tower
    starbucks nad some frozen yogurt place is located in the lower lobby
    You can use pools bar etc at the suites. There is also a lagoon there

thats about all my little brain can dole out right now

Ben
    Thank you for your warm welcome and suggestions. Still more than 5 weeks to go, we're counting the days...

Ben, Welcome to the forum. You will LOVE Aruba and you will like the Rennasance. The private Island is sweet and you can also snorkel out there. Go out the little gap in the rocks off the family side and then you will be out in the real ocean. You can see a lot of fish if you head to the right.
    I won't be there till June 24th so I will miss you guys but Stuart will take very good care of you on the snorkel trip. Aruba Bob
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Ben
    Thanks Kent! Sorry to miss you on our trip, but I'm sure we'll be taken good care of. And, reading all the great reviews about your business, chances are we will be back some day When we return home I will make sure to post some reviews and pics here and on Tripadvisor.
    (what am I doing... thinking of 'when we return home'.... Let's enjoy this holiday first!)

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    There will be plenty to do for 9 days. There are lots of great restaurants around and within walking distance of the Ren. Yamanji, The Paddock, El Gaucho, Hung Paradise, Cubas Cookin, iguana Joes. a word of warning though, stick with steak at El Gaucho, the seafood is not good. Go to driftwood for sea food downtown. Do rent a car for a couple of days and drive around the island. Check out the Eagle and Palm beach resorts to see where you will spend your next trip to Aruba.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast