Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: First trip to Aruba (June 2015)

Our very first trip we were so content we never let the resort. The second trip we decided we needed to explore some. There were a bunch of restaurants we wanted to try and we knew that we wouldn't get to them all. We decided to do a bit of a crawl stopping at one for a drink the next for an appetizer and then a few more for an appetizer and a drink. It was fun and at least we got a sample. If I remember correctly we went to the Paddock, Cuba's Cooking, Que Pasa and Casa Tua. We liked them all and have been back to each on subsequent trips.

The best steak I had was at Matthews. However, when I'm in aruba I try to eat more fish and local dishes. The only other place I've had steak was Chalet Suise which was just ok and Las Ramblas who overcooked my steak.

Hi ben, welcome to the forum! I think we are in the same airplane! Are you flying With KLM?

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Welcome, Ben! Remember if you get there and decide you do need a car you can always rent one for the day! Enjoy your stay!

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraAruba View Post
    Hi ben, welcome to the forum! I think we are in the same airplane! Are you flying With KLM?
    Hello Laura, yes, we will be flying KLM. Departing Amsterdam on saturday June 6, KL765

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaLovesAruba! View Post
    Welcome, Ben! Remember if you get there and decide you do need a car you can always rent one for the day! Enjoy your stay!
    Thanks Erica! Yes, we will probably rent a car for one ore two days to explore the island. Any advice on a good rental company?
    Last edited by Ben; 05-12-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Thanks Erica! Yes, we will probably rent a car for one ore two days to explore the island. Any advice on a good rental company?
    We have always used Avis and have been very pleased with their cars and service. I don't think I've heard of any of them to stay away from, they are probably all ok to use. This year we are using Budget Cars so we shall see how that goes.

I do know that the Costa Linda has an Avis desk in their lobby, but I know you aren't staying there so that probably wouldn't help you. I know there are some other hotels that have them in their lobbies but I have only personally used the one at the Costa Linda.

Hihi see you in the plan! I have the same flight ��
    Last edited by LauraAruba; 05-16-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Hi Ben! My family and I will be at the Renaissance starting the 9th of June for my wedding and my 5th trip! 9 days is plenty of time to explore the island, if we happen to cross paths I can share with you some of our favorites...but I would have to agree with everyone that said Madame Jeanettes for a good steak!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Try More4less, they have great cars and jeeps with 3 day prices, google them and get their prices. When you have the car you may want to try Boca Catalina for an amazing shore snorkel trip. We went every day, bring some bread and the GoPro.
    First trip to Aruba (June 2015)-boca-catalina-pano.jpg
    Last edited by LeaveTheKidsWithMom; 05-29-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast