Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Trip to Aruba - One week away!

Smile

Oxblood, I have been to Aruba 14 times for 3 weeks each trip. You can do the math of how many weeks I have been there. If the things that happened to you like you said, why would you have another trip booked. If I were you, I think I would stay home or go some other place. You are right about its not a perfect Island, but when you are talking about fist fights and people wanting to pick you up, sounds like the things that happen after midnight when you should be in your room resting up for the next day. I guess we go to the beach all day, eat a good dinner and walk around and HIT THE SACK!!! We don't see anything that you posted. Its very nice that you are concerned about other people but you should be fair and tell us what hour of the night it was and where you are at for all the fist fights. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Jenn, You will LOVE Aruba. Trust me. Its safe to walk around at night but just use commen sense. The beaches are great, the water is great, the food is great, and the sun is great. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    ARGH!
    close thread.

commentary, criticisms, private message me and i will act as referee.

OXBLOOD says "
    Oxblood....
    "To me, the area's where the Arubians live (Not Downtown, or where the hotels are located) looks like a third world country. Goats, chickens, dogs running around. Children walking on the streets with no shoes, very dirty, and in scraggly clothes. It's just scary and quite sad. Not to mention, I really don't think the true natives there are too found of Americans, I mean let's be honest, who he?"

Andrea says...........
    this bulletin board is sponsored/owned by the Aruban Government.
    there is no democracy here on this bulletin board.
    the site is owned and sponsored by the Aruba Tourism Authority and the chief operator is the "minister of tourism".
    the minister of tourism would not allow such untrues (to be spread ) on this site.
    Oxblood, maybe a rephrasing of your comments would have been in order.
    The thread is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by confused1 View Post
    I must be going to the other Aruba (the good one)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arubalisa
    Crime
    "The crime threat in Aruba is generally considered low although travelers should always take normal precautions when in unfamiliar surroundings. There have been incidents of theft from hotel rooms and armed robberies have been known to occur. Valuables left unattended on beaches, in cars and in hotel lobbies are easy targets for theft. Car theft, especially that of rental vehicles for joy riding and stripping, can occur. Vehicle leases or rentals may not be fully covered by local insurance when a vehicle is stolen or damaged. Be sure you are sufficiently insured when renting vehicles and jet skis."
    As a disclaimer, in 13 years of travel to Aruba I have never heard of a tourist and an armed robbery.

Wow, we won't get into the whole "one US citizen disappears debate..." even the US State Department advises US citizens that crime "n Aruba is generally considered low".

One unfortunate incident outside of a BAR, is one thing. Portraying the population of an entire island is entirely another.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oxblood
    To me, the area's where the Arubians live (Not Downtown, or where the hotels are located) looks like a third world country. Goats, chickens, dogs running around.

Well, the US it is not is it eh? They use the chickens for eggs, the goats for milk and their meat ...the dogs, like every Caribbean island, are lost in the shuffle. Here in the states the unwanted pets are euthanized, in Aruba they are left to run and fend for themselves.

Quote:
    Children walking on the streets with no shoes, very dirty, and in scraggly clothes. It's just scary and quite sad.

REALLY! , I beg to differ, what you describe is far from common. There are maybe a few in "scraggly clothes", but let's not portray this as Central America or Jamaica or the Dominican Republic. No matter though, it shocks me that all these kids you portray "walking on the streets" are actually "scary" to you.

Quote:
    Not to mention, I really don't think the true natives there are too found of Americans, I mean let's be honest, who he?

Again, REALLY? We have been visiting Aruba since 1995, and I have to admit, that our visit in September and December 2006 we saw a noticeable difference in the Arubans. They were FRIENDLIER! How was that possible? THEN December 2007 the Aruban people were even NICER!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cindyo
    Oxblood, your trip is in 283 days? Then you should have put 283 till you get beat up, killed, mugged in aruba. Why the heck do you go? It sounds like your scared to death. You talk about the island like its garbage. It the hat fits, wear it pal.

Curious myself why you return year after year? I would imagine with the kind of fear you expressed that you would remain inside the property of your resort. However, we all know if that were the case you would not have had that awful experience outside of the bar.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by confused1

Me too, the paradise kind of one.

Aruba since 1979
    ARGH!
    close thread.

commentary, criticisms, private message me and i will act as referee.

OXBLOOD says "
    Oxblood....
    "To me, the area's where the Arubians live (Not Downtown, or where the hotels are located) looks like a third world country. Goats, chickens, dogs running around. Children walking on the streets with no shoes, very dirty, and in scraggly clothes. It's just scary and quite sad. Not to mention, I really don't think the true natives there are too found of Americans, I mean let's be honest, who he?"

Andrea says...........
    this bulletin board is sponsored/owned by the Aruban Government.
    there is no democracy here on this bulletin board.
    the site is owned and sponsored by the Aruba Tourism Authority and the chief operator is the "minister of tourism".
    the minister of tourism would not allow such untrues (to be spread ) on this site.
    Oxblood, maybe a rephrasing of your comments would have been in order.
    The thread is now closed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by confused1

Aruba trip? unknown at this point....maybe January 2009

Andrea J.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-21-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12