Aruba Beach

Thread: Going to Aruba 6/2-6/9 first time

Talking Going to Aruba 6/2-6/9 first time

Hello everyone! Me and my husband will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club the first week of June, and are so excited!! This is our first time visiting. I have a few questions. I have been reading this forum since January and it has been a tremendous help.

Is it busy season when we are going? The surf club is completely booked our week and am worried about crowds especially the chair situation by the pools. I was wondering mostly about the adult pool since we will be spending most of our time there. Can you bring a float into the adult pool? Is it hard getting chairs by the adult pool?
    Also me and my husband are go with the flow type of people so we aren't going to make any dinner reservations until we get down there and see what we want to do. Do you think it will be hard getting reservations once we get there?
    We are not fancy dining type of people but would like to eat a one nice place when we get down there. We were thinking about Madame Jeanettes.

Thank you guys for your time. I am looking forward to your responses.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

it is somewhat busy, since a lot of people are not on summer break yet but give it a week or 10 days and it will be busier!!

the chair/lounge concern is one that lots have, especially for the heavily congested beach area up at the marriott campus/palm beach area.
    i do know that the lazy river has major issues with chairs occupied with towels and belongings for hours end, but no occupants. (are they at the beach or in the lazy river)
    i have NOT heard anything about the availibilty of lounge chairs at the adult only pool.
    I would make your reservations with MJ prior to your arrival. MJ is always a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristion99 View Post
    Hello everyone! Me and my husband will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club the first week of June, and are so excited!! This is our first time visiting. I have a few questions. I have been reading this forum since January and it has been a tremendous help.

Is it busy season when we are going? The surf club is completely booked our week and am worried about crowds especially the chair situation by the pools. I was wondering mostly about the adult pool since we will be spending most of our time there. Can you bring a float into the adult pool? Is it hard getting chairs by the adult pool?
    Also me and my husband are go with the flow type of people so we aren't going to make any dinner reservations until we get down there and see what we want to do. Do you think it will be hard getting reservations once we get there?
    We are not fancy dining type of people but would like to eat a one nice place when we get down there. We were thinking about Madame Jeanettes.

Thank you guys for your time. I am looking forward to your responses.

Thanks Andrea. Do you have any recommendations for a sunset cruise? Do they have to be booked in advance as well?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/sunset%20cruise.html
    check out the link
    it is some tagged sunset cruises

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristion99 View Post
    Thanks Andrea. Do you have any recommendations for a sunset cruise? Do they have to be booked in advance as well?
    Palm Pleasure
    Huge boat
    Don't feel like 100 people are with you
    Been 4x

Oh, by the way, make those MJ reservations imediately...otherwise you will have to take what they have, maybe not what you want.

No floats permitted in the pool. Probably because it is so small.

You probably cannot read it in this photo, click on the thumbnail to enlarge, but the 6th bullet down states, "Floats are not permitted inside the pool"

Thank you guys for your help! I will be sure to include my trip report when I get back.

Smile

Welcome to the board. You can take floats in the lazy river and as far as getting chairs, you need to be out there alittle before 7 to put your tags on the chairs and then they are yours for the day. Have a great time.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

See you there!

hi Kristen, we'll be there Sunday the 3rd. We are staying at the Stellaris. It will be our 3 time to the island, and Madame Jeannette's is great. There is also a Ruth's Chris at the Stellaris. I would recommend snorkeling, we have done it off of a booze cruise and it was awesome. We can't wait to go, no kids with us this time!

hi welcome, we are staying at the Radisson, arriving 6/5 , have found in the past not to be crowded, however, am seeing a difference this year, ex: at my hotel, they have a Red Skin cheerleader calendar photo going on that week, along with some other little things I am a little nervous myself, but I will be Aruba, so can't be to sad...