Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: going to Aruba for the first time!!

Thumbs up

We are in the same boat! We are going the 6th through the 12th and this will be our first time as well. Your thread really helped because we sound like the exact same couple! My husband and I are the same age range and looking to do the same things! Thanks for the post it has helped us as well. Let me know if you find anything fun and exciting that we should check out! Hope you guys have as great of a time that we are hoping to.

IMO in my opionion

THAT'S EXCITING!! i'm super excited and started packing already. Where are you guys staying?

I already started packing as well We are staying at La Cabana.

You will have a blast, there are many great snorkle spots . Both jolly pirates and Jethro of the Octopuss offer great time. My wife and I always enjoy our day by starting off with a walk along the walkway between the Hotels and the beach. You see all kinds of people walking and everyone is super friendly. I also found that to really get the scoop on whats happening, go down the beach early and talk to some of "the oldtimers" they are more than happy to share their wisdom.

My 2 Cents

We're from Chicago. Only been to Aruba once, last November, enjoyed it so much we're going back in March. Here's a few tips from our last visit.

The water is so calm and warm you can just float on a raft and enjoy the day. Pick up a cheap air mattress kinda raft at the dollar store and bring it with.

Pack less clothes and bring more cash, it was a bit pricey, but if you look you can find good deals. The all inclusive probably makes that a mute point.

If you're at the Divi Phoenix they have a very nice dinner right on the beach, didn't think we'd like that kind of thing but it was very romantic.

Rent a 4 wheel drive vehicle and go around the island on the back roads. We rented a 2 wheel drive and were scared to blazes. I had a great time......... DW not so much.

Get up early to get your "chickee/ palapa" down by the beach and hope you're not to hungover to beath. It was slow in November so you didn't have to get up to early, hope it's not overly crowded for you.

The city bus system is nice, and cabs worked out well, overall you really don't need a car for everyday transportation.

If you can say NO, visit the timeshare guys and get some free stuff. In November they were giving about $150.00 in voucher kinda stuff (Snorkle trips, sailings etc.) Alot of peole think it's crazy, we go away for 2 weeks at a time so maybe our time is less valuable but we do it and save a few hundred $$. Under no circumstance should you buy from a developer.

Enjoy yourself, the people in Aruba truelly were friendlier and more welcoming than any other Caribbean Island's people, it was great

Willift
    go Bears

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Welcome to the forum! I think you will love the Jolly Pirates!

Welcome to the forum. Now, I asked the question to someone that is texting oriented; and he immediately came up with "IMO" as meaning, "In my opinion." Perhaps, the "P" that you put on that is for "OPinion" Of course, someone could correct me if I am wrong; I would not be offended.

You will have the time of your life in Aruba; the people are very friendly; the weather is perfect; and I could go on, but let's say it is: "One Happy Island," or aka "Paradise." Have a wonderful time.

Ed

OP on forums also stands for "original poster", as in the person who started the thread.

For someone in their 20's I would highly recommend the Jolly Pirates. It is an all around good time no matter the age. As a 20 something I would have given the rope swing a shot. At middle age I enjoy watching those swinging and taking the plunge!

Smile Aruba Holiday in July ??

We were lucky enough to go to Aruba last year, on a cruise so just did the day visit and trip. Also we went in March and the weather was beautiful, not so sure about what the weather will be like in July any comments gladly welcomed. Tips where to visit etc; trip will consist of Dad, mum, Son (25) and girlfriend, (these two are always looking for something to do) we me and Dad put me in the shade with a good book.

So any mixed comments on activities would be welcomed and where we should be looking to stay as the flight is already booked.

J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast