Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going in Aug for the first time!!

Going in Aug for the first time!!

My fiance and I are going for the first time for our honeymoon in Aug. This site has been great. Found a lot of good ideas. Question, how are the mosquitos in aug?

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. My husband and I first visited Aruba for our honeymoon 28 years ago (yikes...but we still feel like honeymooners!). We've gone mostly in the late winter and spring but have also gone in August, and have never encountered mosquitoes. In all of our visits, I think my husband has had two bug bites on the beach, and I've had none (knock on wood).
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Welcome to the forum.

You will not have trouble with mosquitoes unless there has been rain. As a general rule I travel with a small can of OFF! bug spray. It has worked as "insurance" for many years since we have never used it.

I see. Well thank you both. I asked because another major poster stated they had problems with ?"mossies"? ( not sure if I spelled it the way she did) and I assumed that was mosquitos. Maybe not.

Aruba since 1979
    the mossies/mosquito population is governed by the rain.
    if there has been rain and standing water, there may be mosquitos.

i advise doing as lisa does.....bring a can of insect repellent just to be safe.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by mbstiefel View Post
    I see. Well thank you both. I asked because another major poster stated they had problems with ?"mossies"? ( not sure if I spelled it the way she did) and I assumed that was mosquitos. Maybe not.

Thank you andrea for clearing that up for me. And it was you who I was thinking of when I mentioned the mossies.

Aruba since 1979
    last time we were in aruba was dec 9 - 23.
    it was quite rainy (quite unusual)
    many mosquitos
    one night at dinner we did get quite a few bites.

someone told me years ago that fabric softener sheets helped keep the mosquitos away. we had found it good advice, except this past trip, not so much. we did rub the fabric softener on our arms and legs. (kept us soft and smelling nice too )

bring a can of off and you will be fine.

hubby and i have traveled to many caribbean islands and the mosquitos are minimal in aruba, compared to other places.

remember, mosquitos are a problem only when there has been rain and there is standing water around.
    QUOTE=mbstiefel;217745]Thank you andrea for clearing that up for me. And it was you who I was thinking of when I mentioned the mossies.[/QUOTE]

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstiefel View Post
    My fiance and I are going for the first time for our honeymoon in Aug. This site has been great. Found a lot of good ideas. Question, how are the mosquitos in aug?

I am going to Aruba for my honeymoon in August, too! When are you getting married?

Our last few trips have been in August. We've never had a problem with mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    I am going to Aruba for my honeymoon in August, too! When are you getting married?
    Were getting married August 4th in washington state where we're from. Then we take a red eye out on the 9th and arrive in sunny Aruba on the 10th.
    How about yourself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast