Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Good afternoon!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9

    Good afternoon!

    We are headed to Aruba 3/10/18 thru the 17th. First timers on our honeymoon!

    So far activities we plan on are: lots of beach time, Black Pearl sunset cruise/snorkel, romantic toes-in-the-sand dinner at some point (not sure where yet, too many options), and renting a Jeep for a day or two to do our own exploring.

    From my stalking a few forums the must haves to bring with are as follows: tons of sunblock and aloe, sunhat, sunglasses, swimsuits, cover-up, bug spray with DEET, water shoes, soft sided cooler, Ziploc containers to reheat/store food, baby powder for sand removal, clothespins, water bottle.

    Questions:
    Should I bring a beach towel since we plan on beach hopping or can I swipe the hotels? We are staying at the Holiday Inn.
    I know the palapa situation stinks, what about floaties for the ocean? Should I just bring one?
    Is there anything Aruba-specific to pack that I am forgetting that would be helpful?

    Any restaurant with a good craft beer selection? The hubby is a bit of a beer snob.

    Only 25 days to go!!
    Thanks for any feedback.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    30,482
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum!!
    many good wishes for you both!

    add to your packing list $$$$$ more Money

    bring the holiday inn beach towels with you on your daily expeditions.

    a good craft beer selection is at Bavaria AND Madame Janettes (both delicious restaurants)


    Quote Originally Posted by Delphi35 View Post
    We are headed to Aruba 3/10/18 thru the 17th. First timers on our honeymoon!

    So far activities we plan on are: lots of beach time, Black Pearl sunset cruise/snorkel, romantic toes-in-the-sand dinner at some point (not sure where yet, too many options), and renting a Jeep for a day or two to do our own exploring.

    From my stalking a few forums the must haves to bring with are as follows: tons of sunblock and aloe, sunhat, sunglasses, swimsuits, cover-up, bug spray with DEET, water shoes, soft sided cooler, Ziploc containers to reheat/store food, baby powder for sand removal, clothespins, water bottle.

    Questions:
    Should I bring a beach towel since we plan on beach hopping or can I swipe the hotels? We are staying at the Holiday Inn.
    I know the palapa situation stinks, what about floaties for the ocean? Should I just bring one?
    Is there anything Aruba-specific to pack that I am forgetting that would be helpful?

    Any restaurant with a good craft beer selection? The hubby is a bit of a beer snob.

    Only 25 days to go!!
    Thanks for any feedback.

  3. #3
    Senior Member GETA62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    263
    Definitely Bavaria place to visit, while in Aruba
    https://www.bavaria-aruba.com/german-dark-beers/

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,062
    Madame Janette's has a magnificent beer selection.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Bros and Beer for a huge selection. Also The Local Store.
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018


    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,104
    Welcome to the posting side! Congrats on picking the best place in the world for your honeymoon! Sounds like your stalking has done you well! We love the papasan/swimways floats for the ocean - they fold down quite small for packing.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  7. #7
    Senior Member MAZOO-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Madame Janette's has a magnificent beer selection.....
    I concur. You can go on line and look at their 70 different selections.
    Toe in the sand in no particular preference (we've been to all) Barefoot, Flying Fishbone, Passions.
    And last but not least----enjoy.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9
    Thank you for the warm marriage wishes.

    I hadn't heard of Bavaria before in my searches. Some of those beers sound deliciously amazing..I added it to my list, thank you!
    Thanks Jacki for the suggestion. I am also considering an Intex Sit 'N Float, because it has a cup holder and looks like I would be more out of the water. Oh decisions...decisions...lol

    How is the water for floating? How concerned do I need to be about floating out to sea? I thought someone mentioned trying to tether yourself on to something.

  9. #9
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphi35 View Post

    How is the water for floating? How concerned do I need to be about floating out to sea? I thought someone mentioned trying to tether yourself on to something.
    Great buoyancy ..... Probably won't float out.... especially if you're in a resort swim area... most of those are roped off.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9
    Fantastic! Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Great buoyancy ..... Probably won't float out.... especially if you're in a resort swim area... most of those are roped off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO