Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Greetings from Florida!

Greetings from Florida!

Hi Folks!

My name is Todd and I am from Florida. I stumbled across this site some time back. I am getting married in June of 2012 and we have been scouring the Caribbean for a place to spend our honeymoon. After countless hours of research, it looks like we have settled on Aruba.

My mom and stepdad have offered to pay for the airfare and accommodations and now I am just trying to decide on which resort we want. My options are either Costa Linda or Divi Village Golf & Beach. I understand that both are in the low-rise district (see, told ya I have been lurking ) and seem to be pretty nice. Rather than clutter the “welcome” forum, I will start a new topic on this.

We’re really excited to check out the island. Being from Florida, I am a very ocean-minded individual; same with my fiancée. We both love the ocean/beach, I surf, sail, beachcomb, and most everything else related, up to and including just sitting by the water with a drink in my hand. I’m really hoping to explore as much of the island as we can (8 days, 7 nights). I’ve heard there are scooters for rent so that would be cool.

Well, I could keep going on and on so I’ll shut up now and just answer any questions that anyone cares to ask!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by TH420X; 12-06-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum and do not shut up!

congrats on your up cming honeymoon/marriage.

this is a great site and spend much time in the activities and sports section.

if i had my druthers and wanting to be beachfront, i would choose costa linda.

i live about 40 miles NE of where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TH420X View Post
    Hi Folks!

My name is Todd and I am from Florida. I stumbled across this site some time back. I am getting married in June of 2012 and we have been scouring the Caribbean for a place to spend our honeymoon. After countless hours of research, it looks like we have settled on Aruba.

My mom and stepdad have offered to pay for the airfare and accommodations and now I am just trying to decide on which resort we want. My options are either Costa Linda or Divi Village Golf & Beach. I understand that both are in the low-rise district (see, told ya I have been lurking ) and seem to be pretty nice. Rather than clutter the “welcome” forum, I will start a new topic on this.

We’re really excited to check out the island. Being from Florida, I am a very ocean-minded individual; same with my fiancée. We both love the ocean/beach, I surf, sail, beachcomb, and most everything else related, up to and including just sitting by the water with a drink in my hand. I’m really hoping to explore as much of the island as we can (8 days, 7 nights). I’ve heard there are scooters for rent so that would be cool.

Well, I could keep going on and on so I’ll shut up now and just answer any questions that anyone cares to ask!

Thanks!!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been on this site all day now. So much for working!

Sounds like we have a regular already - and you haven't even stepped foot on Aruba yet. Just wait until you go. I'm on this site multiple times a day to see what's up. I love when a trip report comes up - makes me feel like I'm there. Going on our 5th trip in 97 days - but who's counting!! We stay at the other Divi - the all inclusive one - right on the beach and all the food and drink you can handle along with an awesome beach... Heaven on earth!

Enjoy your first trip and don't forget a trip report - ha!

Thanks! I'm reading as much as I can. I see people mention riding a scooter around could be dangerous but I ride a Yamaha Zuma 125 as my daily driver here in Florida (don't own another vehicle) so I feel quite confident that I should be able to handle it without any issues.

I also want to check out some local music. Live bands/concerts are another favorite pastime of the fiancée's and mine. Combine live music and the beach and, well...

Once you see the way people drive down there, you might change your mind on the scooter. We've done that in Bermuda and it was alot of fun, but I wouldn't recommend it in Aruba either. Renting a jeep is popular, but you might have trouble getting one. One thing we have alot of fun with is the Jolly Pirates snorkeling cruise. They are alot of fun and have a rope swing that you can go off the front of the boat. We did the Kukunu Bus trip last year and that was fun too. You go to the lighthouse to watch the sunset, have dinner and then hit 3 bars. Both places are online if you want to check them out.

I'm reading up on ways to get around right now. My thing is that I want to see the north side, along with whatever else there may be to see. Of course, I am still at an age where many alcoholic drinks will be consumed throughout the trip. Seeing as how that is the case, I may just choose to use the bus and taxi. I will continue to read the forum before posting any specific questions.

I saw Jolly Pirates advertising on the site and have been to their website. I think I will definitely be using their services. Snorkeling is a MUST while on the island. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Welcome to the Forum. No need to go on about how helpful everyone may be; nor should I tell you that "Aruba," aka "Paradise," and, of course, "One Happy Island" is the gem you have been looking for that honeymoon trip..

I am sure that Andrea; Lisa, and all the members will be delighted to help you in any way they can.

Again...Welcome.

Ed

Thanks, Ed! I'm working backward from the last page of the "Getting Around" sub-forum (on page 16 now) to try and figure out what the best way to accomplish our goals will be (seeing EVERY main point of interest on the island).

My best advice is not to "over plan". Once you arrive and see the beautiful beach, you may never want to leave. If you are beach lovers, imo, one day of snorkeling and one day of exploring to see the highlights is about right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast