Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Greetings from Florida!

I believe that is great advice, Lisa. In fact, we both really want to just relax by the beach (hence the desire to be true beachfront) and play in the water. I have been a surfer for many years so just having my toes in the sand is a beautiful thing!

That said, one of my other hobbies is being extremely inquisitive. I know I would not be able to rest if I didn't already have a sightseeing trip lined up. Based on what I've been reading, a tour would be the best way to go. I have already emailed Carry (based on what I've read here, he seems to be the one). The gist of it is this,
    Quote Originally Posted by TH420X
    Basically, when we get back from our trip, if we run into anyone that has been to Aruba before, we want to be able to answer "yes" when they ask, "did you see the .....?" Off the top of my head, I have heard about the natural bridge, baby natural bridge, natural pool, lighthouse, Oranjestad (of course), Arikok National Park, Baby Beach, and other things I have either forgotten to mention or haven't found out about yet. If we use you for a tour and we find something we really like, we could then take a cab or rent a car to go back to that location, later into our trip.
    We would like to dedicate an entire day to seeing everything so that we may spend the rest of our trip doing exactly what you described, enjoying the beach! In fact, the thing I told my fiancée was, "I just want to be able to snorkel in crystal blue water." That says A LOT, coming from a surfer who usually spends his time on top of the water.

I'm sure there will be a party bus night and a Jolly Pirates trip in there somewhere but I am not worrying about thinking too far ahead on that stuff. Of course, I also have to get an idea of costs so that I know how to plan my budget.

This really is a great forum and I hope to be able to contribute to it both now and in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TH420X View Post
    I'm sure there will be a party bus night and a Jolly Pirates trip in there somewhere but I am not worrying about thinking too far ahead on that stuff.
    Make sure you schedule the party bus somewhere in the middle of your trip so as not be hungover on your return home.

Yes, thank you. I was doing some reading on that, as well! It seems that Kukoo Kunuku is the original party bus down there and, while the food will probably be our least favorite throughout the trip, the champagne toast at the lighthouse is very nice.

You picked the best island!

No doubt Aruba is the best choice....and can be very romantic. Dinner at the lighthouse at sunset...dinner at the Marriott Simply Fish at night on the beach...enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12