Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy to find an Aruba forum

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina

Smile Happy to find an Aruba forum

Hi, everyone. I've been reading a bit of the forums over the past few days, and just noticed this "welcome" folder -- so hi! My husband and I are planning a trip to Aruba in July with our two boys (who will then be 9 and 6). We haven't been to the Caribbean in almost six years, so we're itching to dip our toes in that turquoise water.

We've been to the British Virgin Islands twice (on our honeymoon and when my dh's sister married there), but wanted to try another island experience. I've heard good things about Aruba, so it made its way to the top of our list. We really want a place that feels friendly and safe, without having to worry overmuch about panhandlers approaching us or having our kids see extreme poverty, etc. I'm hoping Aruba fits the bill -- I know there are a lot of repeat vacationers, so that's always a good sign. Then again, I know a lot of people who return to Jamaica or Dominican Republic year after year but never seem to leave the resort -- that's not us.

Right now, we're planning to spend the week at Tamarijn, but that's mainly for the kids club and ocean front rooms -- we definitely want to explore the island. We'll probably hit the butterfly pavilion and ostrich farm. I've heard a lot about the snorkeling at baby beach and I'm sure we'll try some sort of boat trip. There will be lots of hanging around the hotel beach, too. Hopefully the kids club will keep my boys occupied a little so I can have some true lazy beach bum time!

I used a Rocky Mountain National Park forum heavily before last summer's trip, so know how much useful information can be had if you just plan a little. It makes for a more enjoyable vacation and helps build anticipation, too. Thanks in advance for all of the suggestions (including all this stuff already written!).

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum happy mom

you and your family will really like the tamarijn

a little unsolicited advice....do not plan too much.
    your first adventure on island is to get a feel for it and not kill yourselves trying to do too much.
    baby beach is certainly one adventure to do.

again, welcome!

We finally officially booked our trip and I couldn't be more excited. We'll be staying at the Tamarijn during the third week of July. This forum has been very helpful in learning all about Aruba -- so I thank all the contributors! Now I just need to figure out how to get a vacation countdown!

Hi Happy_Mom_13:

I hope that is not the number of children you have...if so, you certainly deserve a vacation!

In any event, we are delighted to have you join the "Forum." You speak for many people that find the "Forum" and are truly happy about all the information that the monitors and members share with each other.

We, and, of course, I am sure I speak for all of us; welcome you and without a doubt you will have a wonderful time in "Paradise,"...aka..."One Happy Island."

Welcome.

Ed
    Last edited by Edronenburg; 02-21-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Punction and correction of double words

Ha Ha -- 13 kids?!? Maybe for others, not for me, though! We have two boys, who will be 6 and 9 years old at the time of our trip. 13 is just a lucky number for me...

I am really looking forward to our upcoming trip. We enjoyed British Virgin Islands so much in our two visits there, and everything I've heard/read tells me that Aruba will provide the same type of safe & comfortable & happy vacation experience. I know so many have raved about the beauty of some other Caribbean destinations, but I'd never feel truly relaxed in a place that has armed guards at the resort entrances or people approaching for money or being told only to use the taxis associated with your resort, etc. We'd also considered the Cayman Islands, but this forum was key in deciding on Aruba!

Welcome, you will truly love the Tam. see is you can get 1300 building, closest to it all, for the kids, pool,pizza, and tell them you need a ground floor(health reasons) you will have sliders right to the beach. Rent a car for 1 day and you can see most of the island (it is safe) when on the rough side stay out of the sand, you will get stuck! Baby Beach is Great for kids of yours age, there is a breakwater, so no waves no current, stay inside, resorts have tubed fish food, or bagels work, plenty of fish. And for a Romantic Dinner by staying at the Tam, you can do Windows on Aruba for $30pp, it is enclosed for those windy nights, but has Great sunsets & excellent food & service & only a golf cart ride away!

We requested building 12 or 13, so we'll see what we get. My DH wanted second floor, for privacy, so I guess we'll have to walk down the stairs to get to the sand, but I can live with that!

Baby Beach is definitely on our list of things to do that week. Do you need 4WD to get there, or will a "regular" car do? How about if we were going into the national park?

Thanks again for all the info this forum provides!

Aruba since 1979
    a regular car can get to BABY BEACH
    and now that the roads are paved in ARIKOK NATIONAL PARK you will be able to drive a regular car thru a good part of that place as well.

andrea

A car is good just about any where, just stay out of the sand, also if you want a great day sail, google the Tranquilo, with Capt'n Anthony & crew!

Good to know that a "regular" car will get us to Baby Beach and the national park. We definitely want to see some caves and do a bit of hiking. I'd rather save a little money and just get a sedan rather than the jeep, since we're planning on renting it for the entire week. Thanks for the info.

We would like to try a sailing trip. We were thinking that Jolly Roger might be the best fit for the kids, but will look into Tranquilo as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast