Aruba Beach

Thread: Hello

Hello

We are new home owners in Aruba. We are very excited. We plan to move our household goods and car. As soon as we apply for residency. any help would be gratefully accepted.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

on this forum's index scroll down to "moving to aruba"
    there is a lot of information and helpful hints

there

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/

Quote Originally Posted by levans1761 View Post
    We are new home owners in Aruba. We are very excited. We plan to move our household goods and car. As soon as we apply for residency. any help would be gratefully accepted.

Welcome to forum.I just sent to you PM. We also bought house in Aruba and looking for someone to split cargo container expenses.Yefim

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the island as new home owners. I am now going thru getting my residency permit. I started it in September of 2011 and still have do not have it. I have completed everything that DIAMS asked for and am now just waiting. According to my last visit at the end of January, I am supposed to get my permit within 3 months of final paper work being submitted. That was February 7 th. I have not heard anything more. I do have a neighbor on the island that is running papers for me as DIMAS kept asking for things. Now it is a waiting game and I am hoping to get my permit in the next few weeks. . . . Good luck and I hope to me you at a BB party in the fall. . . . O, I am moving to the island full time in September. . . . .

Tom and Stanley ( the Aruba guys )

Along with the other "Forum Members," please add my welcome to the Forum. I hope that everything works out for you and yours.

Ed

Residency

Welcome to the island! We have been living here since July 2011 as permanent residents, and received our first approval within the 3 month period of time (3 years ago). We renovated our home prior to moving into it. We hope our latest renewal takes approx one month to be approved as it did last year.
    Be sure you've provided all documents, including fresh Apostilles, with your initial application. DIMAS is notorious for asking for certain documents at one appointment, and telling you after you provide all of those documents that they require some more. "No word" from DIMAS is not necessarilyy good news. Be sure to keep in touch with them. They could be sending correspondence to your Aruba address even if you aren't there to receive the mail, or calling your local Aruba number to no avail.
    Stay on top of things, and it is always best to have someone who speaks Dutch or Papiamento help you with the initial residency permit process.
    Masha Pabien (conon buying your home here. Enjoy it!

Aruba since 1979
    Good advice thank u.

Welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Thanks Andrea!