Aruba Beach

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello all...I just found this forum after doing some additional research upon our return from Aruba 2 weeks ago. We've previously been to the island a handful of times before, but its been over a course of many years. I wanted to visit again, combined with the fact that my SO is into wind/ kite surfing and needs windy islands so we elected to return, stayed 9 days and absolutely fell in love with it all over again! It's grown so much however since the last time we were there! I now severely regret the many years that we chose to go on other vacations that while were always very nice, don't really compare to Aruba.

Just a brief introduction as to not bore everyone lol but my SO and I are both in our mid-upper 40s/ early 50s with kids that are growing up. My child is getting ready to fly the nest, my SOs kids are teenagers so it's really OUR time now to go and enjoy life. We are looking into the option of going and staying on the island for about a month at a time or so possibly starting next Spring. Luckily we both work from home so we can work from anywhere with a computer and internet!

Our most recent stay was at the Marriott Stellaris which was nice but we didn't really use many amenities of the resort. A lot of time on the beach, up at the north end for wind/ kite surfing, exploring the east side of the island, visiting the natural pool, etc. Spent a lot of time at Moomba which is a favorite and down on the strip. The only tour that we did this time was the sunset sail with Red Sail.

Dying to get back as there is still so much that we want to do. Was considering going back for NYE but being that we are so much into being in the water, even though the temps are still quite warm, combined with the breeze its not nearly as warm as I'd prefer it to be so I think we'll *begrudgingly* LOL wait until the Spring.

Looking forward to hanging around the forum more often and chatting with others to get us through until the next visit

Aruba since 1979
    hello FLSteff and welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

we have been to aruba numerous times over the winter months including christmas and new years and the water in the ocean is perfectly wonderful. there is no "cool" time in aruba.
    i too am in florida and we cannot count on "consistently" warm weather from mid november thru mid march but in aruba...it is hot hot hot.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSteff View Post
    Hello all...I just found this forum after doing some additional research upon our return from Aruba 2 weeks ago. We've previously been to the island a handful of times before, but its been over a course of many years. I wanted to visit again, combined with the fact that my SO is into wind/ kite surfing and needs windy islands so we elected to return, stayed 9 days and absolutely fell in love with it all over again! It's grown so much however since the last time we were there! I now severely regret the many years that we chose to go on other vacations that while were always very nice, don't really compare to Aruba.

Just a brief introduction as to not bore everyone lol but my SO and I are both in our mid-upper 40s/ early 50s with kids that are growing up. My child is getting ready to fly the nest, my SOs kids are teenagers so it's really OUR time now to go and enjoy life. We are looking into the option of going and staying on the island for about a month at a time or so possibly starting next Spring. Luckily we both work from home so we can work from anywhere with a computer and internet!

Our most recent stay was at the Marriott Stellaris which was nice but we didn't really use many amenities of the resort. A lot of time on the beach, up at the north end for wind/ kite surfing, exploring the east side of the island, visiting the natural pool, etc. Spent a lot of time at Moomba which is a favorite and down on the strip. The only tour that we did this time was the sunset sail with Red Sail.

Dying to get back as there is still so much that we want to do. Was considering going back for NYE but being that we are so much into being in the water, even though the temps are still quite warm, combined with the breeze its not nearly as warm as I'd prefer it to be so I think we'll *begrudgingly* LOL wait until the Spring.

Looking forward to hanging around the forum more often and chatting with others to get us through until the next visit

Hi Steff! Welcome to the forum!

Hi Andrea! Where in FL? I'm currently in Northern Orlando but looking to make a move over to the Merritt Island area by the end of the year hopefully. House hunting currently.

I'm sure Aruba is pretty warm year around but I saw the temps are an average of about 80 degrees in December. Im sure as you know being a Floridian, anything below about 76-78 degrees and I'm freezing LOL Even 2 weeks ago in the mid 90s or so when the wind blew it was a bit chilly getting out of the water until the sun warmed you up. Is it not worse from that aspect in December? Seems like it would take a lot longer to warm up with 80 degree weather and wind than it would in 90+ degree weather with wind lol

Aruba since 1979
    tampa bay area (lakeland)

never have i read or experienced chilly or cool weather in aruba. never.
    there are some forum members here that are regular visitors over the holidays...
    i hope that they post their thoughts.

disclosure......i am not a native floridian.
    (i am from MA originally)
    So my definition of chilly or cool may be quite a few degrees lower in farneheit than yours FLSteff

Quote Originally Posted by FLSteff View Post
    Hi Andrea! Where in FL? I'm currently in Northern Orlando but looking to make a move over to the Merritt Island area by the end of the year hopefully. House hunting currently.

I'm sure Aruba is pretty warm year around but I saw the temps are an average of about 80 degrees in December. Im sure as you know being a Floridian, anything below about 76-78 degrees and I'm freezing LOL Even 2 weeks ago in the mid 90s or so when the wind blew it was a bit chilly getting out of the water until the sun warmed you up. Is it not worse from that aspect in December? Seems like it would take a lot longer to warm up with 80 degree weather and wind than it would in 90+ degree weather with wind lol

Welcome to the forum. I can weigh in on the traveling over NYE and almost any other month too, lol. I have been 17x and I am going on trip 18 in less than 2 days. We spent NYE in Aruba for the first time this year and it was AMAZING! You have never seen fireworks till you see an entire island light up at once, crazy! The weather was perfect, like always. We have been in Dec, Jan, Feb, April, June, July and August and the weather has always been perfect. August is a little warmer by 1 or 2 degrees maybe but nothing you really notice. The weather in Aruba is always great, as are the people and food, that is why we always return.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 06-28-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Hey FLSteff

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

Totally jealous of your ability to work from anywhere & choosing Aruba to be that anywhere!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ