Aruba Beach

Thread: Hello All

Hello All

Thank you for all the great information on Aruba!! Heading to the island for the first time in early April with my girlfriend. We are staying at the Holiday Inn on Palm Beach mainly because of the price. We are both young a few years out of college and thought it was smart to save a few dollars. From what I have read the holiday inn may have been somewhat of a gamble. Can anyone offer any first hand feedback on the hotel?? I can take the negative....

All the enthusiasm on this forum has me fired up for my trip to Aruba!! If my hotel is no good looks like I can sleep on the beach and still have a great time...

Aruba since 1979
    no negative
    the holiday innn sunspree is a good resort
    if you got the meal plan/all inclusive you may be disappointed with the food....but not the beverages

enjoy and welcome to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Needavacationman View Post
    Thank you for all the great information on Aruba!! Heading to the island for the first time in early April with my girlfriend. We are staying at the Holiday Inn on Palm Beach mainly because of the price. We are both young a few years out of college and thought it was smart to save a few dollars. From what I have read the holiday inn may have been somewhat of a gamble. Can anyone offer any first hand feedback on the hotel?? I can take the negative....

All the enthusiasm on this forum has me fired up for my trip to Aruba!! If my hotel is no good looks like I can sleep on the beach and still have a great time...

holiday inn

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed at the holiday inn and had no complaints. However you must realize it is a 3 star hotel. It is not luxurious but it is right on the beach. It's location is perfect, everything is right across the street...Dunkin Donuts, TGI Fridays and tons of other great restaurants. I would not do all inclusive there, as the food did not seem that good. I would try to stay in the Aruba tower or the Bonaire tower b/c the Curaco tower is the only tower not rennovated and kind of set back from the others. All in all we had no complaints .....also you will only be in the room to sleep and for us the location of it was worth every penny!

Hi needavacationman, my wife and I have stayed at the holiday inn several times over the past few years and we really have no complaints about it. Like you guys, we were young when we first went there and then made subsequent trips back because we liked it so much. We've also stayed at other hotels but would have no problem heading back there. Here's some tips just in case you're on the all inclusive:
    -breakfast is at the cafeteria-dress warm as the AC is always on high
    -Lunch at the Seabreeze can't be beat...the view is outstanding and food is very good.
    -Dinner is a toss up between seabreeze in the open air or the a la carte provides good food. I'd probably avoid buffet for dinner.
    Really the location for holiday inn can't be beat...the beach is fantastic and at night you're really well positioned to enjoy the strip. You'll be able to walk after dinner and enjoy all the shops/restaurants on your way.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Hope you enjoy your first trip to Aruba and please let us know your thoughts upon your return.

Best
    Divi Rob

Thanks for the all the feedback. I didn't get the all inclusive package because of other complaints I read about the food. Almost went for the package for the beverages, but I wanted to be flexible with exploring different places to eat.

Besides relaxing on the beach and having lots of cold beverages, maybe a little scuba diving....any "must see or do activies" that I should make sure I don't miss out on.