Aruba Beach

Thread: Hello to all!

Hello to all!

I would like to say a BIG HELLO! My husband and I have been to going to Aruba since 1998. And we haven't stopped lol. We were going every year with the exception of one trip. We have not been there since 2008 when things started getting a little crazy. We just don't want to go anywhere else. What can I say the island and the PEOPLE say's it all.
    Now we are planning our next trip. This time bringing some of our kids. I'm so excitied!! Shooting for June 2012.
    I have been to the forum many times but never joined.
    Now can someone give me advice?
    I'm not sure the proper place to post my question?
    I want to rent from a private party if the right one comes along. How do I protect myself from a possible scam? I have always gone through one of the timeshare companies, redweek, etc.

Any help much appreciated!
    Deb

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

i rent my timeshares "privately and thru redweek"

there are different ways to do it, but the way i usually do it is:
    -the renter makes contact with me.
    -i advise the renter to check with the resort to "affirm" that i am indeed the owner and my fees are current, therefore allowing me to rent my unit.
    -i advise my renters they need trip insurance as no changes or cancellations=no refunds.
    -if the rental is within 6 months i require payment in full by certified bank check or money order.
    -if the rental is out longer than 6 months i require half payment immediately and half payment 3 months out.
    -if the renter wants a contract i use a simple contract form.
    -when deposit is made the renter's name is added to the unit for the week (along with my name) when the final payment is made, my name is removed and it is solely the renter's name.

the majority of folks that advertise here are repeats.
    they have rented out their units year after year.
    most are probably reputable.
    on this site there are people that rent year after year and continue to list their units.
    so that is why i am thinking they are reputable.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Thanks so much for the reply. Feel better knowing how it's done. I usually have used redweek so this is new ground for me.

Smile

If you would like to stay at the Marriott property, I can help you out with that. Just e-mail me direct. kentgerber@adamswells.com
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.